Jana Gana Mana
The lyrics are written below in the English alphabet.
Hindi transliteration[change | change source]
- Jana gaṇa mana-adhinayaka jaya he Bharata bhagya vidhata
- Pañjāba Sindhu Gujarāṭa Marāṭhā Drāviḍa Utkala Baṅga
- Vindhya Himāchala Yamunā Gaṅgā Ucchala jaladhi taraṅga
- Tava śubha nāme jāge, Tava śubha āśiṣa māge,
- Gāhe tava jaya gāthā
- Jana gaṇa maṅgaladāyaka jaya he Bhārata bhāgya vidhāta
- Jaya hey, Jaya hey, Jaya hey, Jaya Jaya Jaya Jaya hey.
English translation[change | change source]
You are the ruler of the minds of all people,
Dispenser of India's destiny.
Thy name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sindh,
Gujarat and Maratha,
Of the Dravida,Orissa and Bengal;
It echoes in the hills of the Vindhyas and Himalayas,
mingles in the music of Yamuna Ganges and is
chanted by the waves of the Indian Sea.
They pray for thy blessings and sing thy praise.
The saving of all people waits in thy hand,
Thou dispenser of India's destiny.