Legends of the Hidden Temple
|Legends of the Hidden Temple|
|Created by||David G. Stanley|
Scott A. Stone
|Presented by||Kirk Fogg|
|Narrated by||Dee Bradley Baker as Olmec|
|Composer(s)||David G. Stanley and Scott A. Stone (credited on-air to "The Music Machine")|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||120|
|Production location(s)||Universal Studios|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Stone Stanley Entertainment|
|Original release||September 11, 1993 –|
Legends of the Hidden Temple is an American action-adventure game show television series that was produced by Stone Stanley Productions in association with Nickelodeon. The show ran from September 11, 1993 until 1995. The show was centered around a temple that was "filled with lost treasures protected by mysterious Mayan temple guards". It was hosted by Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker voiced Olmec, a talking Olmec Head that "knows the secrets behind each of the treasures in his temple". There were six teams of two children (one boy and one girl) and they competed to retrieve one of the historical artifacts that was in the temple by performing both physical stunts and by answering questions that were based on history, mythology, and geography.
The show was taped at Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. In 1995, the show won a CableACE award for Best Game Show Special or Series and was also nominated for Art Direction in a Comedy or Music Special or Series. In a 2007 poll held by the Springfield, Illinois State Journal-Register, ten percent of the respondents said that Legends of the Hidden Temple was their "favorite 'old school' Nickelodeon show."
References[change | change source]
- Brooks, Tim; Earle Marsh (2007). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Random House. ISBN 0-345-49773-2.
- Stone-Stanley Productions. "The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great." Legends of the Hidden Temple. Starring Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker as Olmec. 1995
- "Legends of the Hidden Temple (1993–1995) Awards". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2014-9-8. Check date values in:
- "What Do YOU Think?". State Journal-Register. 2007-01-23. p. 13.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Archive of official website
- Legends of the Hidden Temple at TV.com
- Legends of the Hidden Temple on IMDb