List of political parties in Bulgaria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The most recent parliamentary election was in 2017.
Parties in the National Assembly[change | change source]
|Party||Position||Ideology||Seats in National Assembly|
|GERB (ГЕРБ)||Centre-right||Liberal conservatism, populism, pro-European Union||95|
|Bulgarian Socialist Party (Българска социалистическа партия)||Centre-left to left-wing||Social democracy, Russophilia||80|
|United Patriots (Обединени Патриоти)||Right-wing to far-right||Nationalism, Conservatism, Euroscepticism, anti-Islam||27|
|Movement for Rights and Freedoms (Движение за права и свободи)||Centre||Centrism, liberalism||25|
|Volya||Right-wing||Populism, Nationalism, Russophilia, Euroscepticism||12|
Other parties[change | change source]
- Agrarian People's Union
- Bulgarian Democratic Party for European and World States
- Bulgarian Left
- Bulgarian New Democracy
- Bulgarian National Union – New Democracy
- Civil Union "Roma"
- Communist Party of Bulgaria
- Democratic Party
- Democrats for a Strong Bulgaria
- George's Day Movement
- Green Party of Bulgaria
- Nationalist Party of Bulgaria
- Movement for an Equal Public Model
- National Movement for Stability and Progress
- New Time
- New Zora
- Political Movement Social Democrats
- The Greens
- Union of Communists in Bulgaria
- Union of Free Democrats
- Union of Democratic Forces
- Yes, Bulgaria!
References[change | change source]
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2011). "Bulgaria". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- Novaković, Igor (2010). ""European" and "Extreme" Populists in the Same Row – the New Government of the Republic of Bulgaria" (PDF). Western Balkans Security Observer (ISAC Fund) (17): 63–73. http://www.isac-fund.org/download/academic/Bezbednost-zap-balkana-Bugari-eng.pdf. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- Viola, Donatella M. (2015). Routledge Handbook of European Elections. Routledge. p. 639. ISBN 978-1-317-50363-7.
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- Bulgaria: Caught Between Moscow and Brussels
- "Bulgaria's election is unlikely to do much to clean up corruption". The Economist. 25 March 2017. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- Cerami, Alfio (2006), Social Policy in Central and Eastern Europe: The Emergence of a New European Welfare Regime, Lit verlag, p. 26
- Lyman, Rick (24 February 2017). "In Bulgaria, a Businessman Who Talks (and Acts) Like Trump" – via NYTimes.com.