|Full name||Marouane Fellaini-Bakkioui|
|Date of birth||22 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Etterbeek, Brussels, Belgium|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2000–2002||R. Francs Borains|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 December 2019|
Marouane Fellaini-Bakkioui (born 22 November 1987) is a Belgian professional footballer. He plays as a midfielder for Chinese club Shandong Luneng Taishan.
Career[change | change source]
Fellaini played youth football for Anderlecht, R.A.E.C. Mons, Royal Francs Borains and Charleroi S.C. before joining Standard Liège. After winning the Belgian First Division and the Ebony Shoe as a Liège player, he moved to England to join Everton.
After five years at Everton, he moved to Manchester United in a deal worth £27.5 million in September 2013. He spent five years with Manchester United, winning four trophies. In February 2019, Fellaini joined Shandong Luneng.
Fellaini played for Belgium between 2007 and 2018. He played over 80 times for his country. He represented the team at the 2008 Summer Olympics, the 2014 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Personal life[change | change source]
Fellaini was born in Etterbeek, Brussels to Moroccan parents. In March 2020, during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, he tested positive to COVID-19.
Honours[change | change source]
Club[change | change source]
- Belgian First Division: 2007–08
- FA Cup: 2015–16
- EFL Cup: 2016–17
- FA Community Shield: 2016
- UEFA Europa League: 2016–17
International[change | change source]
- FIFA World Cup third place: 2018
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Marouane Fellaini". Premier League. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
- ↑ "Marouane Fellaini tests positive for coronavirus". The Guardian. 22 March 2020. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Marouane Fellaini at Soccerbase
- Marouane Fellaini – UEFA competition record (archive)
- Marouane Fellaini – FIFA competition record (archived)