|Former names||New Meadowlands Stadium (2010)|
|Location||One MetLife Stadium Dr.|
East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073
|Broke ground||September 5, 2007|
|Opened||April 10, 2010|
|Owner||New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority|
|Operator||MetLife Stadium Company, LLC|
(joint venture between the New York Giants and New York Jets)
|Construction cost||$1.6 billion|
($NaN in 2021 dollars)
Bruce Mau Design, Inc.
|Project Manager||Hammes Company Sports Development|
|Structural engineer||Thornton Tomasetti|
|General Contractor||Skanska AB|
|Record attendance||80,676 WWE's (Wrestlemania 29, 7 April 2013 )|
|Tenants||New York Giants (NFL) (2010–present)|
New York Jets (NFL) (2010–present)
Big City Classic (NCAA) (2010–present)
WrestleMania 29 (WWE) (2013)
Super Bowl XLVIII (NFL) (2014)
MetLife Stadium is the home football stadium of the New York Giants and New York Jets. It is in East Rutherford, New Jersey, part of the New York metropolitan area. It is located near the site of Giants Stadium, which was the home stadium of the New Jersey Giants from 1976 until December 2009 and the New Jersey Jets from 1984 until January 2010. It opened on April 10, 2010. It is one of the two NFL stadiums shared by two teams. The stadium is the 2nd most expensive football stadium ever built, costing more than 1 billion dollars.
References[change | change source]
- Mike, Garafolo (September 5, 2007). "Giants and Jets Break Ground on New Stadium...Finally". The Star-Ledger. Newark. Retrieved December 18, 2011.
- "New Stadium, a Football Palace, Opens Saturday With Lacrosse".
- "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2008". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "New Meadowlands Stadium, USA - About us - Skanska".[permanent dead link]
- "Seating & Maps". www.metlifestadium.com.
- "About Us". www.metlifestadium.com.
- "WrestleMania 29". WWE.