Stefanía Fernández Krupij (born September 4, 1990) is a Venezuelan beauty pageant titleholder. She won the Miss Venezuela 2008 and Miss Universe 2009 titles. She earned a Guinness record by being the first Miss Universe winner who was crowned by someone from her own country.
Personal life[change | change source]
Career[change | change source]
Fernández won the Miss Venezuela 2008 title in a pageant held in Caracas on September 10, 2008. She was crowned by the outgoing titleholder, Dayana Mendoza, Miss Venezuela 2007 and Miss Universe 2008. Fernández also won the "Miss Elegance", "Best Body", and "Best Face", titles. She became the second Miss Trujillo to win that title since the Miss Venezuela pageant first began in 1952 and also the second Miss Trujillo to win Miss Universe. The first was Bárbara Palacios, Miss Venezuela 1986 and Miss Universe 1986.
Miss Universe 2008, Dayana Mendoza (also from Venezuela) crowned her as Miss Universe 2009 on August 23, 2009, in Nassau, Bahamas. This marked the first time in Miss Universe history the same country won the crown two years in a row.
Awards[change | change source]
- 2009: Guinness record (for being the first Miss Universe winner who was crowned by someone from her own country).
References[change | change source]
- Most consecutive wins of the Miss Universe contest. Community.guinnessworldrecords.com (2009-09-30).
- La región: Los abuelos gallegos de Miss Universo 'emocionados'
- "Miss Trujillo Stefanía Fernández fue electa Miss Venezuela. 2008". El Universal. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- Miss Trujillo Stefanía Fernández fue electa Miss Venezuela 2008. El Universal. Wednesday, 10 September 2008
- "Venezuelan Stefania Fernandez crowned Miss Universe". The Telegraph. 2009-08-24. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stefanía Fernández.|