|Country of Curaçao|
Land Curaçao (Dutch)
Pais Kòrsou (Papiamento)
|Anthem: "Himno di Kòrsou"|
(English: "Anthem of Curaçao")
|State||Kingdom of the Netherlands|
|Before separation||Netherlands Antilles|
|Country status||10 October 2010|
and largest city
|Ethnic groups |
|Government||Parliamentary representative democracy within a constitutional monarchy|
|Legislature||Estates of Curaçao|
|444 km2 (171 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||375 m (1,230 ft)|
• 1 January 2019 estimate
|358/km2 (927.2/sq mi)|
|GDP (PPP)||2012 estimate|
|US$4.2 billion (184th)|
• Per capita
|GDP (nominal)||2019 estimate|
|US$3.2 billion (149th)|
• Per capita
|Currency||Netherlands Antillean guilder (ANG)|
|Time zone||UTC-4:00 (AST)|
|Mains electricity||127 V–50 Hz|
|ISO 3166 code|
Curaçao is an island country in the Caribbean Sea. It is one of the ABC islands and is just a short distance north of the Venezuelan Paraguaná Peninsula, and it forms a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Willemstad is the capital of Curaçao.
People[change | change source]
The largest ethnic group belongs to the Afro-Caribbean group with about 85% of the entire population (also includes mulattos). The remaining 15% are people of mainly European (mainly Dutch) descent, but there are also Indonesians, Colombians, Venezuelans, and others.
Languages[change | change source]
Climate[change | change source]
Curaçao has a tropical climate. The temperatures are usually constant. The trade winds bring cool breeze during the day and the same trade winds bring warmth during the night. The coolest month is January with an average of 26°C in temperature and the warmest month is September with an average temperature of 28.9 °C (84 °F). The year's average maximum temperature is 31°C. The year's average minimum temperature is about 25°C.
References[change | change source]
- "The World Factbook – Central Intelligence Agency". cia.gov. Archived from the original on 23 April 2020. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- "Waaruit bestaat het Koninkrijk der Nederlanden? - Rijksoverheid.nl". 19 May 2015.
- "Country Report Curaçao". Rabobank. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- COUNTRY COMPARISON GDP PURCHASING POWER PARITY Archived 2019-01-07 at the Wayback Machine, Central Intelligence Agency.
- "Human Development Index (HDI): Korte Notitie inzake de berekening van de voorlopige Human Development Index (HDI) voor Curaçao" (PDF). Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 July 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.