This article may have too many red links. (October 2011)
|Historic region||Moldavia (mostly in Bukovina)|
|• Total||8,553 km2 (3,302 sq mi)|
|• Density||80/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+40) 230 or (+40) 330|
|ISO 3166 code||RO-SV|
Physical geography[change | change source]
The west side of the county has many mountains from the Eastern Carpathians group. These are the Rodna Mountains, the Rarău Mountains, the Giumalău Mountains and the three "Obcine". The county is lower in the east, with the lowest point in the Siret River valley.
Neighbours[change | change source]
- Botoşani County and Iaşi County to the east.
- Maramureş County and Bistriţa-Năsăud County to the west.
- Ukraine to the north.
- Mureş County, Harghita County and Neamţ County to the south.
Divisions[change | change source]
Municipalities[change | change source]
Towns[change | change source]
Communes[change | change source]
Villages[change | change source]
Population[change | change source]
This is how the population of Suceava County has changed over the last 60 years.
Economy[change | change source]
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Wood industry – the county has the most surface covered with forests in Romania.
- Food industry.
- Mechanical components industry.
- Construction materials industry.
- Textile and leather industry.
References[change | change source]
- The number used depends on the numbering system employed by the phone companies on the market.
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie" Archived 2009-08-16 at the Wayback Machine
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002" Archived 2006-09-22 at the Wayback Machine