Kidd at WrestleMania Axxess on April 5, 2014
|Born||July 11, 1980
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Stampede Kid
TJ Wilson / T.J. Wilson
|Billed height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Billed from||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Trained by||Davey Boy Smith
Deep South Wrestling
|Debut||July 23, 1995|
He is from Calgary, Alberta and was the final graduate of the famed Hart Dungeon. He competed in his first match with Stampede Wrestling in Calgary at the age of fifteen in 1995. In the WWE, he was a former member of the wrestling stable, The Hart Dynasty along with David Hart Smith and Natalya.
He married Natalya in June 2013.
On June 7, 2015, it was announced that Kidd suffered a severe neck and spinal injury in a dark match with Samoa Joe on Raw. Kidd announced that he would be out for over a year. Kidd tweeted that 5% of people are able to survive his injury and that he had 16 staples, 4 screws and a rod inserted in his neck. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter said "It is unbelievable that Tyson Kidd came through as well as he did", and said that most people who survive the injury end up being a quadriplegic.
References[change | change source]
- "Tyson Kidd Profile". Online World of Wrestling. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/t/tyson-kidd.html. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- "T.J. Wilson boosted by Harts, Japan". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2003/04/29/75644.html. Retrieved 2015-9-26.
- "Natalya and Tyson Kidd are married". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-divas/natalya-tyson-kidd-married-26123064. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Tyson Kidd suffers injury". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/inside/tyson-kidd-suffers-injury-27476779. Retrieved 2015-9-26.
- "Twitter/TJ Wilson: 5% of people survive this injury. 16 staples, 4 screws and a rod later and luckily I survived to tell my story.". twitter. 2015-7-6. https://twitter.com/KiddWWE/status/618217508143788033. Retrieved 2015-9-26. "5% of people survive this injury. 16 staples, 4 screws and a rod later and luckily I survived to tell my story."
- "Backstage News On Severity Of Tyson Kidd's Injury". WrestlingInc.com. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0713/598240/news-on-how-serious-tyson-kidd-injury-is/. Retrieved 2015-9-26.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: TJ Wilson|
- Tyson Kidd's profile on WWE.com