|Born||July 11, 1980|
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Stampede Kid|
TJ Wilson / T.J. Wilson
|Billed height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Billed weight||199 lb (90 kg)|
|Billed from||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Trained by||Davey Boy Smith|
Deep South Wrestling
|Debut||July 23, 1995|
|Retired||June 29, 2017|
He is from Calgary, Alberta and was the final graduate of the famed Hart Dungeon. He competed in his first match with Stampede Wrestling in Calgary at the age of fifteen in 1995. In the WWE, he was a former member of the wrestling stable, The Hart Dynasty along with David Hart Smith and Natalya.
He married Natalya in June 2013.
On June 7, 2015, it was announced that Kidd suffered a severe neck and spinal injury in a dark match with Samoa Joe on Raw. Kidd announced that he would be out for over a year. Kidd tweeted that 5% of people are able to survive his injury and that he had 16 staples, 4 screws and a rod inserted in his neck. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter said "It is unbelievable that Tyson Kidd came through as well as he did", and said that most people who survive the injury end up being a quadriplegic.
References[change | change source]
- "Tyson Kidd Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved May 2, 2008.
- "T.J. Wilson boosted by Harts, Japan". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "Natalya and Tyson Kidd are married". WWE. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Tyson Kidd suffers injury". WWE. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "Twitter/TJ Wilson: 5% of people survive this injury. 16 staples, 4 screws and a rod later and luckily I survived to tell my story". twitter. July 6, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
5% of people survive this injury. 16 staples, 4 screws and a rod later and luckily I survived to tell my story.
- "Backstage News On Severity Of Tyson Kidd's Injury". WrestlingInc.com. Archived from the original on July 17, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Tyson Kidd's profile on WWE.com