|Directed by||Nia DaCosta|
|Screenplay by||Megan McDonnell|
|Based on||Marvel Comics|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Music by||Laura Karpman|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
The Marvels is an upcoming American superhero movie. It is based on Marvel Comics. The movie features the characters Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel), Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), and Monica Rambeau. It is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The movie is the sequel to Captain Marvel (2019) and the continuation of the Disney+ series Ms. Marvel (2022). It is the 31st movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The movie is directed by Nia DaCosta from a screenplay by Megan McDonnell. It stars Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan and Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau.
Marvel Studios said they were making a sequel to Captain Marvel in July 2019. They said that development began in January 2020 with Larson set to return. DaCosta was hired that August. Vellani and Parris were said to be cast in December. Filming began in mid-April 2021 in New Jersey. Principal photography began in August 2021. It took place at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire as well as in Tropea, Italy, and Los Angeles.
Premise[change | change source]
Cast[change | change source]
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel:
An Avenger and ex-U.S. Air Force fighter pilot whose DNA was altered during an accident, imbuing her with superhuman strength, energy projection, and flight.
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel: A teenage mutant from Jersey City who idolizes Danvers and wears a magical bangle that unlocked her ability to harness cosmic energy and create hard light constructs.
- Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau:
An agent of S.W.O.R.D. with the ability to absorb energy. She is the daughter of Danvers' friend and fellow airman, Maria Rambeau, and looked up to Danvers as a child. Parris said The Marvels would further explore Rambeau beyond what was established in WandaVision (2021).
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury: The former director of S.H.I.E.L.D. who is working with the Skrulls in deep space.
Saagar Shaikh, Zenobia Shroff, and Mohan Kapur reprise their respective roles from Ms. Marvel (2022) as Khan's older brother Aamir, mother Muneeba, and father Yusuf. Zawe Ashton has been cast as a villain, and Park Seo-joon has been cast in an undisclosed role. The Flerken Goose, who resembles a cat, returns from the first movie.
References[change | change source]
- Moreau, Jordan (September 10, 2022). "'The Marvels' Shows First Footage With Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani at D23". Variety. Archived from the original on September 11, 2022. Retrieved September 10, 2022.
- Boucher, Geoff (January 22, 2020). "'Captain Marvel' Sequel Officially In Development At Disney's Marvel Studios". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on January 24, 2020. Retrieved January 25, 2020.
- Miller, Liz Shannon (December 10, 2020). "'Captain Marvel 2' Reveals New Release Date, Roles for Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau". Collider. Archived from the original on December 11, 2020. Retrieved December 10, 2020.
- Skrebels, Joe (March 15, 2022). "Ms. Marvel: First Trailer Reveals June Release Date". IGN. Archived from the original on March 15, 2022. Retrieved March 15, 2022.
- Brail, Nathaniel (July 14, 2022). "Ms. Marvel Star Breaks Silence Since Mutant Reveal". ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2022. Retrieved July 15, 2022.
- Lawrence, Gregory (February 23, 2021). "Teyonah Parris Teases the Powers Monica Rambeau Could Reveal Next on 'WandaVision'". Collider. Archived from the original on March 6, 2021. Retrieved March 6, 2021.
- Davis, Clayton (June 22, 2021). "Teyonah Parris Talks 'WandaVision' and Exploring Monica Rambeau in 'The Marvels'". Variety. Archived from the original on June 22, 2021. Retrieved June 23, 2021.
- Holmes, Adam (August 12, 2021). "Samuel L. Jackson Confirms He's Shooting The Marvels With New Post". CinemaBlend. Archived from the original on August 12, 2021. Retrieved March 18, 2022.
- Hussaini, Syed Fahadullah (September 7, 2021). "Ms. Marvel Star Reveals Show Characters Return In Captain Marvel 2". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on September 7, 2021. Retrieved September 7, 2021.
- Kroll, Justin (February 12, 2021). "'Captain Marvel 2': Zawe Ashton Tapped To Play Villain In Marvel Sequel". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 12, 2021. Retrieved February 12, 2021.
- Dela Paz, Maggie (June 15, 2021). "MCU Film The Marvels Adds South Korean Star Park Seo-Joon". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on June 16, 2021. Retrieved June 16, 2021. – via Hwa, Jeong (June 15, 2021). "[단독]박서준, 마블영화 '캡틴마블2' 합류..브리 라슨과 호흡". Star News Korea (in Korean). Naver Corporation. Archived from the original on June 16, 2021. Retrieved June 15, 2021.