|Directed by||Nia DaCosta|
|Screenplay by||Megan McDonnell|
|Based on||Marvel Comics|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Music by||Laura Karpman|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
The Marvels is an upcoming American superhero movie. It is based on Marvel Comics. The movie features the characters Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel), Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), and Monica Rambeau. It is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The movie is the sequel to Captain Marvel (2019) and the continuation of the Disney+ series Ms. Marvel (2022). It is the 31st movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The movie is directed by Nia DaCosta from a screenplay by Megan McDonnell. It stars Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan and Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau.
Marvel Studios said they were making a sequel to Captain Marvel in July 2019. They said that development began in January 2020 with Larson set to return. DaCosta was hired that August. Vellani and Parris were said to be cast in December. Filming began in mid-April 2021 in New Jersey. Principal photography began in August 2021. It took place at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire as well as in Tropea, Italy, and Los Angeles.
Cast[change | change source]
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel:
An Avenger and ex-U.S. Air Force fighter pilot whose DNA was altered during an accident, imbuing her with superhuman strength, energy projection, and flight.
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel: A teenager from Jersey City with shape-shifting abilities who idolizes Danvers.
- Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau:
An agent of S.W.O.R.D. and the daughter of Danvers' friend and fellow airman, Maria Rambeau, who as a child admired Danvers, and has the ability to absorb energy. Parris noted that The Marvels would provide the opportunity to "further understand" Rambeau after what had been established in WandaVision (2021).
Additionally, Saagar Shaikh, Zenobia Shroff, and Mohan Kapur reprise their respective roles as Khan's older brother Amir, mother Muneeba, and father Yusuf, from Ms. Marvel. Zawe Ashton has been cast in an undisclosed villain role, with Park Seo-joon also cast in an undisclosed role.
References[change | change source]
- Boucher, Geoff (January 22, 2020). "'Captain Marvel' Sequel Officially In Development At Disney's Marvel Studios". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on January 24, 2020. Retrieved January 25, 2020.
- Miller, Liz Shannon (December 10, 2020). "'Captain Marvel 2' Reveals New Release Date, Roles for Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau". Collider. Archived from the original on December 11, 2020. Retrieved December 10, 2020.
- Lawrence, Gregory (February 23, 2021). "Teyonah Parris Teases the Powers Monica Rambeau Could Reveal Next on 'WandaVision'". Collider. Archived from the original on March 6, 2021. Retrieved March 6, 2021.
- Davis, Clayton (June 22, 2021). "Teyonah Parris Talks 'WandaVision' and Exploring Monica Rambeau in 'The Marvels'". Variety. Archived from the original on June 22, 2021. Retrieved June 23, 2021.
- Hussaini, Syed Fahadullah (September 7, 2021). "Ms. Marvel Star Reveals Show Characters Return In Captain Marvel 2". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on September 7, 2021. Retrieved September 7, 2021.
- Kroll, Justin (February 12, 2021). "'Captain Marvel 2': Zawe Ashton Tapped To Play Villain In Marvel Sequel". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 12, 2021. Retrieved February 12, 2021.
- Dela Paz, Maggie (June 15, 2021). "MCU Film The Marvels Adds South Korean Star Park Seo-Joon". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on June 16, 2021. Retrieved June 16, 2021. – via Hwa, Jeong (June 15, 2021). "[단독]박서준, 마블영화 '캡틴마블2' 합류..브리 라슨과 호흡". Star News Korea (in Korean). Naver Corporation. Archived from the original on June 16, 2021. Retrieved June 15, 2021.