Lady and the Tramp
|Lady and the Tramp|
|Directed by||Clyde Geronimi
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Screenplay by||Erdman Penner
|Story by||Joe Grant|
|Music by||Oliver Wallace|
|Editing by||Don Halliday|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution|
|Release date(s)||June 22, 1955|
|Running time||75 minutes|
Lady and the Tramp is a 1955 American animated movie. It was produced by Walt Disney Productions. It was released to theaters on June 22, 1955, by Buena Vista Distribution. It was the first animated movie filmed in the CinemaScope widescreen movie process. It was nominated for Best Animated Movie at the BAFTA Awards.
Cast[change | edit source]
- Barbara Luddy as Lady
- Larry Roberts as The Tramp
- Bill Thompson as Jock, Joe, Bulldog, Dachsie, Policeman
- Bill Baucom as Trusty
- George Givot as Tony
- Peggy Lee as Darling, Si, Am, Peg
- Verna Felton as Aunt Sarah
- Stan Freberg as the beaver
- Alan Reed as Boris
- Thurl Ravenscroft as Al the alligator
- Dallas McKennon as Toughy, Pedro, Professor, Hyena
- Lee Millar as Jim Dear, Dogcatcher
- The Mellomen (Thurl Ravenscroft, Bill Lee, Max Smith, Bob Hamlin and Bob Stevens) as Dog Chorus
References[change | edit source]
- "Lady and the Tramp". Box Office Mojo. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ladyandthetramp.htm. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Finch, Christopher (2004). "Chapter 8: Interruption and Innovations". The Art of Walt Disney. pp. 234–244. ISBN 0-8109-2702-0.
- BAFTA Awards
- Richard Corliss (June 23, 2011). "The 25 All-TIME Best Animated Films - Lady and the Tramp". TIME. http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2079149_2079152,00.html. Retrieved August 19, 2011.