|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2000s 2010s 2020s – 2030s – 2040s 2050s 2060s|
|Years:||2032 2033 2034 – 2035 – 2036 2037 2038|
|Ab urbe condita||2788|
|British Regnal year||83 Eliz. 2 – 84 Eliz. 2|
— to —乙卯年十二月初三日
|- Vikram Samvat||2091–2092|
|- Shaka Samvat||1957–1958|
|- Kali Yuga||5136–5137|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 47
|Minguo calendar||ROC 124
|Thai solar calendar||2578|
Predicted and scheduled events[change | change source]
January[change | change source]
Date unknown[change | change source]
- Fully functioning artificial eyes are predicted to be available.
In fiction[change | change source]
Film[change | change source]
- In Back to the Future Part II, the original timeline of the future says that Marlene McFly will be released from prison this year.
- Twelve Monkeys (1995)
- I, Robot (2004)
- Doomsday (2008)
Television[change | change source]
- My Life and Times (1991)
- The animated television series Aqua Teen Hunger Force features a character known as the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future who often makes up infamously nonsensical stories that take place in the future, the year 2035 being one of his most referenced years.
- The Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! series is set in this year.
- Ghost in the Shell saga events take place on this year.
- The last episode of the American series Life on Mars reveals that 2035 is the year Sam Tyler is from, not 2008. According to the show, on March 2, 2035, the first manned mission to Mars is supposed to touch down.
- The History Channel TV Film, After Armageddon, ends at this time after 25 years the start of a global disaster, Pandemic. The story was told in the view point of the son of a paramedic, and he sees how a few humans left on Earth would go on, rebuilding a society.
- Outcast The CT-9 spacecraft leaves Earth for Carpathia. (2011)
- In the Anime series Cowboy Bebop. Jet Black is born on December 3 of this year.
Computer and video games[change | change source]
Magazines[change | change source]
- In 2005 for the thirtieth anniversary issue, National Geographic Kids did an article on what everyday life would be like in 2035.