Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||7th century – 8th century – 9th century|
|Decades:||680s 690s 700s – 710s – 720s 730s 740s|
|Years:||707 708 709 – 710 – 711 712 713|
Events[change | change source]
- End of the Asuka period, the second and last part of the Yamato period and beginning of the Nara period in Japan; Heijō-kyō (Nara) becomes the capital of Japan.
- April 5 — During the Cold Food Festival, Chinese Emperor Zhongzong of Tang had his chief ministers of court, sons-in-law, and high-ranking military officers engage in the festive game of tug of war within a palace of Chang'an City. The Emperor purportedly laughed when two older ministers fell over during the game.
- Founding of the Muslim Kingdom of Nekor in Morocco.
- Muslim army invited into Ceuta by its governor, Count Julian, who, being an opponent of Roderick, encourages them to invade the Iberian peninsula.
- Roderick deposes Achila to become king of the Visigoths.
- The first (wooden) Al-Aqsa Mosque is finished.