|Founded||7 November 2006|
|Commenced operations||25 March 2007|
|Company slogan||We go the extra smile.|
|Parent company||Lufthansa Group|
|Headquarters||Diegem, Machelen, Belgium|
History[change | change source]
Brussels Airlines was created as the result of the merger of SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express in March 2006. SN Brussels Airlines had been created from Sabena, the former Belgian flag carrier, that had ceased operations on 7 November 2001. SN Brussels Airlines started its operations only five months later. Virgin Express was a low-cost airline, owned by the Virgin Group. In 2004, SN Airholding took over Virgin Express, and in 2006 it was announced that both companies would merge and fly under the Brussels Airlines brand. In 2008, the Lufthansa group bought 45% of Brussels Airlines' shares, and Brussels Airlines joined the Star Alliance.
Fleet[change | change source]
Brussels Airlines has the following aircraft in its fleet:
|Airbus A319||9||132||Europe and Middle East|
|Airbus A320||2||168||Europe and Middle East|
|Airbus A330||5||284||Africa and North America|
|AVRO RJ 85||10||82||Europe|
|AVRO RJ 100||12||97||Europe|
Cooperation[change | change source]
The company has codeshare agreement with many companies such as Air Canada, Air Malta, All Nippon Airways, Austrian Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, Etihad Airways, Hainan Airlines, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, TAAG Air Angola, TAP Portugal, TAROM, Thai Airways, United Airlines and others.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "About LOOP - Brussels Airlines". brusselsairlines.com. Archived from the original on 2 July 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- Brusselsairlines.com "Company history"
- Brusselsairlines.com Fleet
- ""Star Alliance | Brussels Airlines"". brusselsairlines.com.
- "Cathay Pacific / brussels airlines plans codeshare launch in late-July 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 2021-08-05.
- News, Africa Aviation News | Supply Chain | Africa Logistics | Railway. "Africa World Airlines, Brussels Airlines ink interline deal". www.logupdateafrica.com. Retrieved 2021-08-05.
- "Africa World and Brussels Airlines interline to provide seamless travel for passengers". Voyages Afriq. 2019-10-08. Retrieved 2021-08-05.
- "Aeroflot and Brussels Airlines sign codeshare agreement". TravelDailyNews International. Retrieved 2021-08-05.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Brussels Airlines at Wikimedia Commons