Christopher A. Pissarides
Sir Christopher Pissarides
|Born||20 February 1948|
|Institution||London School of Economics 1976–present|
University of Southampton 1974–76
University of Cyprus 2011–present
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 2013–present
|Alma mater||London School of Economics|
University of Essex
|Contributions||Macroeconomic search and matching theories of unemployment,|
|Awards||IZA Prize in Labor Economics (2006)|
Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Early life[change | change source]
He received his BA in Economics in 1970 and MA in Economics in 1971 from the University of Essex. He later enrolled at the London School of Economics, where he obtained a doctorate in economics in 1973 for a thesis entitled "Individual Behavior in Markets with Imperfect Information".
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Prof Christopher Pissarides Archived 14 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine at debretts.com
- "Christophoros Pissarides won the 2010 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences". Archived from the original on 12 May 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- designquest.com.hk. "Christopher Pissarides - People - HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies". iems.ust.hk. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2010 : Peter A. Diamond, Dale T. Mortensen, Christopher A. Pissarides, Noberl Prize Organization website
- "Christopher A. Pissarides: Facts". Nobel Prize Organization website. Retrieved 11 October 2010.
- "Christopher A. Pissarides CV" (PDF). London School of Economics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2018.