List of scientists from Asia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Afghanistan[change | change source]
|Name||Field||Known for||Most noted award/fellowship||Year of death||Picture|
|Ashraf Ghani||Anthropology||President of Afghanistan|
|Nake M. Kamrany||Economy|
|Abdul Karim Mustaghni||Scientist||He was a Defense Minister of Afghanistan||2004|
Azerbaijan[change | change source]
- Vafa Guluzade - he was a Foreign Policy State Advisor for Azerbaijan President; the political scientist died in 2015.
- Lotfi A. Zadeh - pioneer (or one of the earliest scientists) of fuzzy logic; computer scientist, electrical engineer, mathematician; d. in 2017
Bangladesh[change | change source]
- Muhammed Zafar Iqbal - he has a Bangladesh National Film Awards for Best Story; he is a scholar of engineering and computer science.
China[change | change source]
Georgia[change | change source]
- Tamaz V. Gamkrelidze - a former member of the Parliament of Georgia; he is an assyriologist (and therefore a linguist)
- Jamshid Giunashvili - he was a linguist (Iranologist); died in 2017
India[change | change source]
Indonesia[change | change source]
- Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie - a former president of Indonesia; aerospace engineering scientist
- Ivan A. Taslimson - Microsoft designer; cognitive & biomimetic engineering scientist
Japan[change | change source]
- Masaaki Sugihara - former professor at the University of Tokyo
- Masao Iri
- Masatake Mori
- Motoo Kimura
- Ryogo Hirota - former professor at Waseda University
- Shinichi Oishi
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Georgian Academy of Sciences (GAS)". Archived from the original on 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- Tbilisi State University
- Home Page of Tamaz Gamkrelidze (2015-07-05 not accessible)
- ფერეიიდანი, ჯემშიდ გიუნაშვილი - მეგობრობის მაცნე Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine (in Georgian)
- Kimura, Motoo (1968). "Evolutionary rate at the molecular level" (– Scholar search). Nature. 217 (5129): 624–626. Bibcode:1968Natur.217..624K. doi:10.1038/217624a0. PMID 5637732.
- Nei, M. (1995). "Motoo Kimura (1924-1994)". Molecular Biology and Evolution. 12 (5): 719–722. PMID 7476119.