List of scientists from Oceania
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Australia[change | change source]
- Peter C. Doherty - he got the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine; he is a medical doctor and veterinarian.
New Zealand[change | change source]
- Nancy Adams
- Margaret Cruickshank
- David McNiven Garner
- Fred Hollows
- Ernest Rutherford - he got the Nobel Prize in Chemistry; nuclear physicist, and chemist; he died in 1937
- Pat Suggate
- Maurice Wilkins
Solomon Islands[change | change source]
- Hikuna Judge, collected the first known sample of the Vangunu giant rat; Tyrone Lavery and Judge gave the first species description (for the Vangunu giant rat)
References[change | change source]
- "25 Famous Australian Scientists and their Contributions".
- Goldman, Jason G. "Giant Tree-Dwelling, Coconut-Eating Rat Species Discovered". Scientific American.