Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee
February 21, 1961
|Education||Presidency College, Kolkata|
University of Calcutta (BA)
Jawaharlal Nehru University (MA)
Harvard University (PhD)
|Spouse(s)||Arundhati Tuli (divorced)|
Esther Duflo (m. 2015)
|Awards||Nobel Memorial Prize (2019)|
|Institutions||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Doctoral advisor||Eric Maskin|
|Doctoral students||Esther Duflo|
Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee (Bengali: অভিজিৎ বিনায়ক বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়; born February 21, 1961) is an Indian-American economist. Banerjee shared the 2019 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with his wife Esther Duflo and fellow economist Michael Kremer, "for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty." He is the Ford Foundation International Professor of Economics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
References[change | change source]
- "Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer win Nobel in Economics". The Economic Times. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- "Mumbai-born Abhijit Banerjee wins Economics Nobel, over 5 mn Indian kids benefited from his study". The Statesman. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- Hannon, Dominic Chopping and Paul. "Nobel Prize in Economics Awarded for Work Alleviating Poverty". WSJ. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- Duflo, Esther (1999), Essays in empirical development economics. Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Karlan, Dean S. (2002), Social capital and microfinance. Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- "Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee Economics Department MIT". Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- "The Prize in Economic Sciences 2019" (PDF) (Press release). Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. October 14, 2019.
- Desk, The Hindu Net (2019-10-14). "Abhijit Banerjee among three to receive Economics Nobel". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- "Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo Winning the Nobel Prize Together is #CoupleGoals". News 18. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 14 October 2019.