From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fast chess is similar to a normal game of chess, but played at a faster than usual rate. The player who runs out of time first (or is checkmated, whichever happens first) loses the match.
Fast chess versions, always played with a chess clock:
- Rapid: 15 to 60 minutes per player.
- Blitz: less than 15 minutes per side.
- Bullet: (unofficial category) 2 to 3 minutes per player.
References[change | change source]
- FIDE regulations, Appendic C.
- FIDE regulations, Appendix B.