International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Emblem of the IFRC
|Type||Humanitarian aid organization|
|Purpose||To carry out relief operations to assist victims of disasters, and combine this with development work to strengthen the capacities of its member National Societies|
|International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is a worldwide humanitarian aid organization that reaches 160 million people each year through its 192 member National Societies.
It acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
References[change | change source]
- "The Governing Board – IFRC". www.ifrc.org.
- "Independent Auditors' Report" (PDF). media.ifrc.org. 2017. Retrieved 2020-03-28.
- "Climate change a priority for newest Red Cross societies".
- "The International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement on the Internet". Who we are. International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Retrieved 18 November 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Nobel Peace Prize 1963". www.nobelprize.org. Retrieved 2017-12-13.