Kailash Satyarthi in 2012
|Born||11 January 1954
Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Activist for children's rights and children's education|
|Awards||Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award
Medal of the Italian Senate
Alfonso Comin International Award
International Peace Prize, Germany
Defenders of Democracy Award
2014 Nobel Peace Prize
Kailash Satyarthi (born 11 January 1954) is an Indian children's rights activist. He founded the Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement) in 1980. He has acted to protect the rights of 80,000 children.
References[change | change source]
- P.J. George. "Malala, Kailash Satyarthi win Nobel Peace Prize". The Hindu.
- "'Nobel peace prize 'an honour to children in slavery', Kailash Satyarthi says'". The Times of India. Reuters. 2014-10-10. Retrieved 2014-10-10.
- "Who is Kailash Satyarthi?". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2014-10-10.
- "The Nobel Peace Prize 2014". Nobel Foundation. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- (in French) « Le prix Nobel de la paix attribué à Malala Yousafzai et Kailash Satyarthi », Ijsberg Magazine, 10 octobre 2014