21 produced (1 for museum)
|Assembly||Italy: Sant'Agata Bolognese|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Layout||Mid-engine, all wheel drive|
|Related||Lamborghini Murciélago LP640|
|Engine||6.5 L V12|
|Transmission||6-speed e-gear automated manual|
|Wheelbase||2,665 mm (104.9 in)|
|Length||4,700 mm (185.0 in)|
|Width||2,058 mm (81.0 in)|
|Height||1,135 mm (44.7 in)|
|Curb weight||1,665 kg (3,671 lb)|
The Lamborghini Reventón is a supercar. Lamborghini built it in 2007. The Reventón is based on the Murciélago. The styling of the Reventón was based on the F-22 Raptor. Only 20 Reventóns were built.
History[change | change source]
Lamborghini first showed the Reventón to the public at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show. Like many other Lamborghinis, the Reventón was named after a fighting bull. The Reventón was based on the Lamborghini Murciélago, and used the same engine as the Murciélago LP640.
Engine and transmission[change | change source]
The Reventón uses the same 6,496 cc (6.5 L; 396.4 cu in) Lamborghini V12 engine as the Murciélago LP640. The Reventón’s engine is also paired to the same six-speed automated manual transmission as the Murciélago LP640. The Reventón, like the Murciélago, sends its power to all four wheels through an all-wheel drive system.
Performance[change | change source]
The Reventón’s engine makes 650 PS (641 hp; 478 kW) at 8,000 rpm. It also makes 660 N⋅m (487 lb⋅ft) of torque at 6,000 rpm. The Reventón can accelerate from from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.4 seconds. It can also reach a top speed of 340 km/h (211 mph).
Reventón Roadster[change | change source]
The Reventón Roadster has a lower top speed than the Reventón. The Roadster’s top speed is 205 mph (330 km/h). The Roadster’s 0-62 mph (100 km/h) time is 3.4 seconds, which is the same as the standard Reventón.
References[change | change source]
- "Lamborghini Reventon Coupe". CarBuzz. 2010-07-28. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- "Lamborghini Reventon: Outrageous, But One Million Euros Outrageous?". Motive Magazine. Archived from the original on 9 April 2012. Retrieved 12 September 2007.
- "Lamborghini Reventón". sybarites. Retrieved 12 September 2007.
- "Lamborghini Reventon (2007) review". Car. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Abuelsamid, Sam (14 September 2009). "Officially Official: Lamborghini reveals Reventon Roadster". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- Ramsey, Jonathon (26 March 2009). "Is Lamborghini preparing a Reventon Roadster?". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "$2.1 Million Dollar Lamborghini Reventon Roadster Delivered to Singapore". imaginelifestyles.com. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 7 December 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Park, Barry (16 September 2009). "Lamborghini Reventon Roadster: "Our most extreme car"". drive.com.au. Retrieved 7 December 2017.