Lamborghini Sián FKP 37
|Lamborghini Sián FKP 37|
|Production||2020 (expected) (63 units)|
|Assembly||Italy: Sant'Agata Bolognese|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)|
|Layout||Mid-engine, all-wheel drive|
|Engine||6.5 L L539 V12|
|Electric motor||48-volt e-motor|
|Transmission||7-speed ISR automated manual|
|Wheelbase||2,700 mm (106.3 in)|
|Length||4,980 mm (196.1 in)|
|Height||1,133 mm (44.6 in)|
The Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 is a supercar. Lamborghini says that they will start making it in 2020. The Sián is based off the Aventador. Lamborghini will only make 63 Siáns. The Sián is the first Lamborghini to have a hybrid powertrain. This means that the car is powered by both a gas engine and an electric motor.
History[change | change source]
Lamborghini first showed the Sián FKP 37 at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show. The car’s name was made to honor Ferdinand Piëch. Piëch had died a couple months before the Sián was first shown. "FKP" was the initials of Piëch‘s name. The "37" came from Piëch‘s birth year, which was 1937.
Production[change | change source]
Engine and transmission[change | change source]
The Sián FKP 37 is based off the Aventador, and shares its 6.5 litre Lamborghini V12 engine with the Aventador. The Sián also has an electric motor, which adds another 25 kW (34 PS; 34 hp) to the car’s horsepower level. The V12 makes 577 kW (785 PS; 774 hp) in the Sián. The total power output of the car is 602 kW (818 PS; 807 hp). That makes it the most powerful Lamborghini ever made. The engine is paired with a version of the Aventador’s seven-speed automated manual transmission. The Sián sends its power to all four wheels through an all-wheel drive system.
Performance[change | change source]
The Sián is able to go from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.8 seconds. Lamborghini says that the Sián will have a top speed of 350 km/h (217 mph).
Sián FKP 37 Roadster[change | change source]
In July 2020, Lamborghini first showed the Sián FKP 37 Roadster. Only 19 Roadsters will be made. All of them have already been sold. The Sián FKP 37 Roadster is very similar to the coupe, and will probably perform about the same.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Karr, Anthony (3 September 2019). "Lamborghini Sian Debuts As Brand's First Electrified Production Car". motor1.com. Motor1. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- Page, Felix (3 September 2019). "Lamborghini uncovers 808bhp Sian as first hybrid model". Autocar. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- Wilkinson, Luke (3 September 2019). "New 808bhp Lamborghini Sian is brand's first hybrid". Auto Express. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- Szymkowski, Sean (10 September 2019). "Lamborghini Sian adopts FKP 37 surname in honor of the late VW Group chairman". CNET. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- Atiyeh, Clifford (3 September 2019). "Lamborghini Sián Kicks Off Lambo's Hybrid Era with 807 HP and a 218-MPH Top Speed". Car and Driver. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- Duff, Mike (8 July 2020). "807-HP Lamborghini Sián Roadster Revealed, but It's Already Sold Out". Car and Driver. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- Lawler, Richard (9 July 2020). "Lamborghini Sian Roadster drops the top, adds custom 3D printed vents". En Gadget. Retrieved 11 July 2020.