This is a list of Solar System objects by orbit, by distance from the sun.
Most named objects in this list have a diameter of 500 km or more.
- The inner Solar System and the terrestrial planets
- Asteroid belt and surroundings
- Ceres, a dwarf planet in the asteroid belt
- Asteroids in the Main Asteroid Belt, between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter
- A number of smaller groups distinct from the Main Belt.
- Asteroid moons
- The middle Solar System with the giant planets, their satellites, trojan asteroids and some minor planets
- Non-trojan minor planets
- Trans-Neptunian objects beyond the orbit of Neptune
- Kuiper belt objects (KBOs)
- Scattered disc objects
- Oort Cloud (hypothetical)
The Solar System also contains:
- Comets (icy bodies with eccentric orbits).
- Small objects, including:
- Heliosphere, a bubble in space produced by the solar wind.