List of bus stations in Wales
This is a list of bus stations in Wales:
|Bus station||Location||Number of stands||City Destinations||Local Destinations||Image|
|Aberdare bus station||Aberdare||12||Cardiff||Trecynon; Penywaun; Hirwaun; Rhigos; Cwmdare|
|Abergavenny bus station||Abergavenny||6||Cardiff
Hollywell Crescent (O/S 80)
|Aberystwyth bus station||Aberystwyth||7||Cardiff, Swansea, London||Cardigan; Llangollen; Machynlleth; Dolgellau; Bangor; Newtown|
|Ammanford bus station||Ammanford||6||Swansea||Carmarthenshire; Pontardawe|
|Bangor bus station||Bangor||7||Caernarfon
|Bargoed Interchange||Bargoed||4||Cardiff, Newport||Blackwood, Merthyr Tydfil, Caerphilly|
|Blackwood Interchange||Blackwood||9||Cardiff, Newport||Pontypridd, Cwmbran, Tredegar, Bargoed, Ystrad Mynach railway station, Wyllie, New Tredegar, Abertillery|
|Brecon bus station||Brecon||5||Hereford||Hay-on-Wye; Brecon Beacons; Merthyr Tydfil; Abergavenny; Ystradgynlais|
|Bridgend bus station||Bridgend||11||Cardiff, Port Talbot||Brackla; Sarn; Maesteg; Bridgend Designer Outlet; Porthcawl; Cowbridge|
|Brynmawr bus station||Brynmawr||4||Cardiff, Newport||Town Districts, Abergavenny, Hereford, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil|
|Carmarthen bus station||Carmarthen||10||London, Swansea, Aberystwyth, Llanelli||Haverfordwest, Cardigan|
|Caernarfon bus station||Caernarfon||3||Aberystwyth||Bangor; Llandudno; Porthmadog; Pwllheli|
|Caerphilly bus station||Caerphilly||11||Cardiff||Bargoed; Newport; Blackwood, Town Districts|
|Cardiff Central bus station ||Cardiff city centre||34 (prior to closure)||London; Birmingham; Northern England; Scotland||City districts; South Wales Valleys; Vale of Glamorgan|
|Chepstow bus station||Chepstow||5||Newport; Bristol||Monmouth|
|Cwmbran bus station||Cwmbran||9||London, Bristol, Newport, Cardiff||Pontypool; Abergavenny, Blackwood|
|Gorseinon bus station||Gorseinon||6||Swansea; Llanelli||Lliw Valley|
|Haverfordwest bus station||Haverfordwest||4||London Victoria
|Llantwit Major bus station||Llantwit Major||1||Cardiff, Bridgend||Cowbridge, Talbot Green, St Athan, Barry, Rhoose, Ogmore-By-Sea, Ewenny, Marcross, Monknash, St. Donats, Cardiff Airport,|
|Maesteg bus station||Maesteg||6||Port Talbot; Bridgend; Cardiff||Caerau
|Merthyr Tydfil bus station||Merthyr Tydfil||16||Cardiff, Swansea||Abergavenny; Brecon; Brecon Beacons; Hay-on-Wye; Hereford; South Wales Valleys;|
|Mold bus station||Mold||7||Chester||Wrexham|
|Monmouth bus station||Monmouth||2||Newport
|Neath bus station||Neath||11||Swansea, Port Talbot||Vale of Neath; Skewen; Briton Ferry; Pontardawe|
|Nelson bus station||Nelson, Caerphilly||2||None||Caerphilly, Blackwood, Pontypridd, Bargoed, Merthyr Tydfil|
|Newport bus station||Newport||24 + 1||Newport (Market Square):
Newport Kingsway (Stand K12):
|Newport (Friars Walk)
Newport (Market Square)
|Newtown bus station||Newtown||5||Shrewsbury, Wrexham||Welshpool
|Pontypridd bus station ||Pontypridd||12||Cardiff||Caerphilly, Blackwood|
|Port Talbot bus station||Port Talbot||9||Bridgend; Swansea; Cardiff; London||Neath; Porthcawl; Baglan; Afan Valley; Maesteg|
|Pwllheli bus station||Pwllheli||3||Caernarfon||Porthmadog; Nefyn; Abersoch; Aberdaron|
|Rhyl bus station||Rhyl||5||None||Llandudno
Mill Bank Road
|Swansea bus station||Swansea||23||Cardiff; London||City districts; Gower; South West Wales|
|Talbot Green bus station||Talbot Green||4||Cardiff, Bridgend||Llantwit Major
|Tonypandy bus station||Tonypandy||4||Cardiff, Bridgend||Porth
|Tredegar bus station||Tredegar||4||Cardiff, Newport||Town Districts, Blackwood, Abergavenny, Hereford, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil|
|Wrexham bus station||Wrexham||8||Chester; London||Oswestry; Mold|
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Body, G. (1983), PSL Field Guides - Railways of the Western Region, Patrick Stephens Ltd, Wellingborough, ISBN 0-85059-546-0, p.94
- "Abergavenny Bus Station". Visit MidWales. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Pryce, Malcolm (1 June 2011). "11". From Aberystwyth with Love. A&C Black. ISBN 9781408809006. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Ammanford Bus Station". www.showmewales.co.uk. Show Me Wales. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Public Transport in and around Bangor" (PDF). Bangor University. January 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
Bangor Bus Station is located on Garth Road (next to Marks and Spencer). Each route has a number, which is displayed at the bus stop and on the bus itself. Two bus services operate in Bangor Arriva and Padarn.
- "New Bargoed bus station unveiled". Caerphilly Observer. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Councillors speak out over removal of Blackwood bus station wardens", Caerphilly Observer, 21 May 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Brecon Bus Station". Show Me Wales. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Bridgend Bus Station". Bridgend County Borough Council. 21 January 2016. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Gidley, Sophie (2 October 2014). "Councillor criticises faulty CCTV at Brynmawr bus station". Wales Online. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Thomas Cook Ltd (2001). Thomas Cook European Timetable. Timetable Publishing Office. p. 139.
- Waddington, Mark (15 November 2016). "Shock images of brazen drug abuse in Caernarfon toilets prompt addict 'fix room' call". DailyPost. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Caerphilly bus station". History Points. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Peter Law (10 September 2012) "Hopes of new bus station for Cardiff by 2014 dashed ", WalesOnline. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Chepstow Methodist Church given cash for toilet use". BBC News. 24 January 2014.
- "NOW AND THEN: Cwmbran bus station". South Wales Angus. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Tragedy fears over children at Gorseinon bus station". South Wales Evening Post. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Haverfordwest Bus Station". Show Me Wales. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Christmas buses schedule". Barry & District News. 19 December 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
and the X91 Central Station to Llantwit Major bus station makes its final departure from Cardiff at 5.12pm.
- Bolter, Abby (26 June 2015). "Public toilets in Bridgend county are set to be axed". Wales Online. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Sands, Katie (6 August 2015). "Here's what Merthyr Tydfil's brand new bus station will look like". walesonline. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- Evans, Owens (26 April 2016). "Chain could be pulled on Mold town centre toilets". News North Wales. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Skellon, Kath (8 September 2015). "Monmouth find shows only Anglo-Saxon settlement in South Wales". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Surveyor, Volume 149, Issue 4435. St. Bride's Press. 1977. p. 152. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Car boot sale plan for old Nelson bus station". Pendle Today. 2 August 2013. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "New bus station to boost Newport regeneration". BBC News. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Second Powys high school in trouble over buses". Shropshire Star. 4 October 2016. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
A report to the meeting says that the school has been providing transport in the form of one bus a day from Newtown bus station for the past 10 years
- Smith, Mark (17 May 2012). "Road improvements to Cardiff to Pontypridd bus route". walesonline. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Pontypridd Bus Service Changes". Aberdare Online. 26 August 2009. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Broken town taxi leads to buses trapped at Port Talbot station". South Wales Evening Post. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Krawiecki, Jim; Biggs, Andy (2006). Welsh Sea Kayaking: Fifty Great Sea Kayak Voyages. Pesda Press. p. 118. ISBN 9780954706180.
- "Rhyl bus station officially opens after £3.7m revamp". BBC News. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Overhaul for Swansea bus station". BBC News. 1 July 2008. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Bassett, Douglas Anthony; Bassett, Michael G.; Group, Geologists' Association South Wales (1971). Geological excursions in South Wales & the Forest of Dean. (c/o H. J. Lear Ltd, 13 Royal Arcade, Cardiff, Glam.), Geologists' Association (South Wales Group). ISBN 9780903222006.
- "Tonypandy New Bus Station Complete!". RHONDDA CYNON TAF. 11 January 2017. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Passenger Transport, Volume 120. University of Michigan. 1959.
- Bagnall, Steve (6 March 2017). "Shocking scale of Wrexham bus station drug use revealed". DailyPost. Retrieved 12 March 2017.