Examples[change | change source]
Africa and Asia
- Egypt, though the vast majority lives in Africa, and mostly around the Nile, and few people live in the Sinai Peninsula, which is in Asia.
Africa and Europe
- Spain, because the exclaves of Ceuta and Melilla are in mainland Africa and the Canary Islands are part of the African continental plate.
Asia and Europe
Asia and Oceania
America and Oceania
America, Oceania and Antarctica
- Chile, because Easter Island is a province in Oceania and Chilean Antarctic is a claimed (but not officially accepted) territory in Antarctica.
Oceania and Antarctica
- Australia, Australian Antarctic Territory is a territory in Antarctica.
- New Zealand, Ross Dependency is a territory in Antarctica.
Europe, Africa, and America
- France, because Réunion, Mayotte, Martinique, Guadeloupe, and French Guiana are regions of France.
- Portugal, because Madeira is part of the African continental plate and the westernmost islands of Corvo and Flores in the Azores are part of the North American continental plate.
References[change | change source]
- "Which Countries Span More Than One Continent?". WorldAtlas. Retrieved 2020-08-17.