Wikipedia:Requests for checkuser
Checkuser is the process of checking information about two or more users (including named users and IPs). Special users are able to check if two or more accounts have been used from the same computer. These users also see User agents. This can help them decide if two accounts are related in the way described above. It is also possible to see if a user is editing from an open proxy.
Use of the tool[change source]
This tool is to be used to fight vandalism, to check for sockpuppet abuse, and to limit disruption of the project. It must be used only to prevent damage to the project.
The tool should not be used for political control; to apply pressure on editors; or as a threat against another editor in a content dispute. There must be a valid reason to check a user. Note that alternative accounts are not forbidden, so long as they are not used in violation of the policies (for example, to vote more than once or to make it look like more people support an idea). Checkusers will refuse a request, if the reason for checking is not good enough to warrant the use of the tool.
Please see the CheckUser policy for all the rules related to CheckUser.
User with Checkuser access[change source]
- The technical list can be found at Special:ListUsers/checkuser.
Current requests[change source]
Please add requests to the top of the list.
LaurenCox600 and SanJoseGirl6[change source]
Editing the same type of articles. Similar introductory messages on their user pages. Similar phrasing of talk messages. New user SanJoseGirl6 denying (on my talk page) that she is a sock of LaurenCox600 even though she's a brand new user and no one had suggested that she was. New user going out of her way to praise LaurenCox600 and say how badly she has been treated (on her own user page and LaurenCox600's talk page). --Auntof6 (talk) 05:45, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
User strongly reminds me of Krett12/Computer Fizz. Same style of editing behavior, same use of behind-the-scenes sarcastic edit summaries and self-reverts with the same "oops" or "forget it" style justifications. Has heavy use of the same "vandal fighting" tool (Twinkle) right from the start. Her editing also began (as a user) on 24 June, which is the same date that Computer Fizz stopped editing. When I brought this issue up to see what another editor (Auntof6) thought I should do, the replies from LaurenCox600 followed quickly by the first edits from Computer Fizz since he stopped on the 24th seem to reinforce the behavior evidence that they are either the same person or strongly related. I am requesting a CheckUser based on the similar behavior patterns. Thank you, Lithorien Talk • Changes 08:52, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- Just because I resemble them doesn't mean I'm a sock of them. Before you get me into more trouble I will say I am NOT Krett12 or Computer Fizz. I'm not related to them period. And no I'm not the same person as them either. --LaurenCox600 (chat me!) 12:09, 1 July 2016
- About similar reply times, that is because I have been editing inactively but will be returning because I am going to watch this discussion very closely. Besides, any reasonable prrson knows that I am not a sockpupeterr and never will be. I have been here for nearly a year, this is ridiculous. Please never do this again. Computer Fizz (talk) 21:58, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- Note: User:Bsadowski1 has blocked the LaurenCox600 account with several socks. Only (talk) 02:45, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Only: I think they turned out to be a sock of someone else. I have a suspicion who, but I'm reluctant to say. I also think the "IM NOT BEING DISRUPTIVE IM JUST REVERTING VANDALISM!!!!!!" and stuff might be to get people to think that.
- I swear that account is not mine. Krett12 (talk) 05:55, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
I (Krett12) believe 126.96.36.199 to be an IPsock of LastResort4All. Both of them seem to hate Ponyo, edit at similar times of day, always agree with each other. I'm not one to accuse socks a lot of the time, so I would like this case to be followed up with a CheckUser. Krett12 (talk) 00:11, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
User:Dr. Neurosis[change source]
Subject area of edits, workflow of adding dubious article maintenance tags, and use of Twinkle straight from the start reminds me of User:Samlaptop85213's behaviour. Chenzw Talk 16:11, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
@Chenzw:, let me add an additional note. I checked his Enwiki stuff and his contributions are a little weird. His most recent edit was to request a page for page protection, which was not edited since Feb 2013. Also, he has added a ton of badges to his user page. Its ki nd of weird how he knew things off the bat. Etimena (talk) 20:08, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
user:Compassionate247 has arrived on our wiki, and has been making many changes on Pakistani languages (a sensitive and much edited area). I assume he is the same editor who is indefinitely blocked on En wiki as one of the many socks of user:Najaf ali bhayo. Macdonald-ross (talk) 10:45, 30 April 2016 (UTC)