Welcome to Simple! I hope you are happy editing here and being a Wikipedian. Some helpful pages to start you off are Wikipedia:Useful, Help:Contents and Wikipedia:Policy.
If you want to meet and talk with other members, you can visit our version of the "village pump" at Wikipedia:Simple talk. Just remember that you should sign your messages on Talk pages by typing "~~~~" (four tildes) at the end of your words.
We have a special page that describes how to write Simple English articles. If you want some ideas of which pages to work on, read Wikipedia:Requested articles. -- Netoholic @ 02:48, 12 January 2006 (UTC)
Sir I don’t think this page should be removed from wiki
Please Revert this Page Back!
I saw you created Alimony. You might want to check "what links here." Hee hee hee. A little fleshing out, a little gender context, and that could be one fine contest entry. Darkfrog24 (talk) 00:44, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
Gas lighting is an article that's been repeatedly created and is just spamming. Might be a good idea to SemiProtect it. Ely - Talk 18:05, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
- redirected, we already have an entry, but as one word...--Eptalon (talk) 20:11, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
Hi Eptalon, why did you revert my edit on Germination? The edit I reverted seemed like vandalism to me… Cheers, Hockeycatcat (talk) 10:13, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- it was a misclick on my mobile phone...-Eptalon (talk) 10:21, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
Hello dear @Eptalon wish you a great time, i have a question::: i have created a template for talk quotation, but later on i realized that we have a similar template, the problem is i created a redirection for my template it may causes the confusion for other users since both templates share almost the same name see (Talkquote) (Talk quote) Sakura emad (talk) 11:01, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- Done Problem solved. Sakura emad (talk) 16:16, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
Wikipedia translation of the week: 2021-37[change source]
|The winner this Translation of the week is
Please be bold and help translate this article!
The Whang Youn Dai Achievement Award is named after South Korean Dr. Whang Youn Dai, who contracted polio at the age of three. She devoted her life to the development of paralympic sport in Korea and around the world. At the 1988 Paralympic Summer Games in Seoul, Korea, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) recognized her lifelong contributions to the Paralympic Movement and established the Whang Youn Dai Achievement Award (formerly the Whang Youn Dai Overcome Prize). Since then, this award has been presented at every Paralympic Games to one male and one female athlete who each "best exemplify the spirit of the Games and inspire and excite the world".
(Please update the interwiki links on Wikidata of your language version of the article after each week's translation is finished so that all languages are linked to each other.)
About · Nominate/Review · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery 02:55, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
Sir there is two person with on name one is poet and one is politician see this https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brij_Kishore_Sharma and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brij_Kishore_Sharma so I want that please change the poet's wikipedia page name because as all references his orignal name is Brij Kishore Sharma "Tara" and it is difficult know who is "Tara" and who is sharma so please move this page https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brij_Kishore_Sharma. Thankyou
Hi, could you please tell me, regarding the Interlingue article, whether I should keep the tables with pronouns and verbs in the main article or I just move them to the one regarding Interlingue grammar? --Caro de Segeda (talk) 07:49, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- If they are not yet in thegrammar article, they are certainly helpful there. As to whether to also have them in the main article, I don't know. Its certainly interesting to see how verbs and adverbs work in Interlingue. en:French_language has such tables in the Grammar section, our article doesn't. In the end, its your call.--Eptalon (talk) 08:51, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- Ok, thank. Another question: regarding the history of the language. Do you think I should simplify the already existing text or maybe keep less information and move it to another one, or is it fine the way it is now? I still need to add the references but I am leaving that for now. --Caro de Segeda (talk) 09:02, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- Without going into too much detail, it looks ok for now. As a quick tip: If you target the "Very good article", I'd first go for the good article. Looking at the process, I have promoted a few articles to good article status this year. The last promotion to VGA was in August 2020, a year ago. The last promotions to good article were in July 2021. --Eptalon (talk) 09:11, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- I will add the references and then I will presented for ga. Thanks for your help and sorry for bothering you with this. --Caro de Segeda (talk) 09:17, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
Don't worry about it, we really need more people participating in the community processes. I would really love to get new VGAs, but ven getting an article to GA level is a lot of work (just look at how many propositions sit in the proposal stage...)--Eptalon (talk) 09:25, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
Hi, can I ask why you deleted my article even without setting any tags like speedy deletion or ...? and kept articles like Cash High?! please restore my article to add more references. ZEP55 (talk) 21:45, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
- I had the impression it wasn't notable, but I have restored the page, and we will run a regular RfD. This also means that likely it will no longer be me closing that request. Good luck...--Eptalon (talk) 22:08, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
Dear Eptalon! I don't understand what you mean by "no context" in the last sentence in the RFD statement! Haoreima (talk) 11:53, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
- If i read the page, I find the dates 1710-1780 (assumed to be Anno Domini, the count where we are currently at 2021). At the same time, I seem to find color images of the person (photography started in the late 19th century, IIRC, true color images are from the mid 20th century). --Eptalon (talk) 11:58, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
- Finding color images in other websites might be a spam and let's not relate that case with the existence of wikipedia article. I think so. What about you, sir? Haoreima (talk) 12:00, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
- I recheck it in Google. Now, I know what you mean! But India is a gigantic country where many people have similar names. Those photos might be of a person of 20th-21st century. Right! Haoreima (talk) 12:02, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
Hello, i want to let you know that Mizanur Rahman Azhari was created again as Mizanur Rahman (Bangladeshi Islamic Preacher). It was deleted several times here and even on enwiki. You even SALT the article (enwiki also did the same). It probably quality as wp:SPEEDY. I'm not familiar with this wiki, i will leave it to you to decide. Thank you. আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 19:47, 24 September 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for letting me know. The old discussion was at the start of the year, too long ago to simply QD this as "likely same as discussed". I started a regular request for deletion, let's see what the result is.--Eptalon (talk) 22:13, 24 September 2021 (UTC)