Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
- See meta:Steward requests/Username changes to change your user name or take another user name.
- See WP:RFCU for CheckUser requests.
- See WP:OS for oversight.
Protect everything[change source]
- Not done... --Ferien (talk) 08:20, 10 September 2022 (UTC)
- Uhh, troll? SoyokoAnis - talk 12:53, 15 September 2022 (UTC)
- Man. Derpdart56 (talk) 13:18, 15 September 2022 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2022/Rael da Rima[change source]
Rael da Rima has been moved to Rael during the RfD. The original RfD is Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2022/Rael da Rima, but now the user that moved it created a new RfD at Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2022/Rael, which might be quickly deleted as housekeeping. What should be done in this situation? Lights and freedom (talk) 05:34, 13 September 2022 (UTC)
OrcaVision and other socks[change source]
Hii! I came across @Lights and freedom's talk page and saw that a user named KristiNoem2. It appears that they are admitting being socks of Orca Vision Inc. Now, I am not really involved in the situation, but just wanted to let the admins know and check out what's happening. Happy editing! SoyokoAnis - talk 03:21, 16 September 2022 (UTC)
- (Non-administrator observation) @SoyokoAnis, please report to WP:RCU for sock cases. Volunteers will look into matter then. DMK-C5 (talk) 03:24, 16 September 2022 (UTC)
- (change conflict) @SoyokoAnis Hello, the account mentioned has been locked, which means it cannot be used on any Wikimedia project anymore. A local block could be enforced as well, but since they have continued socking since then, it won't really help. Any accounts that exhibit similar behaviour should be reported to WP:VIP for a local block, and m:Steward Requests/Global, for a global lock. Thanks. — *Fehufangą ♮ ✉ Talk page 03:30, 16 September 2022 (UTC)
Request block User:Inspector-Gourmet[change source]
- @MCC214 Is it a global ban/block? SoyokoAnis - talk 13:26, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
- In-fact enwiki's' page about reciprocal is
- "The English-language Wikipedia does not have authority over the Meta-Wiki, Wikimedia sister projects, or Wikipedias in languages other than English. As such, bans issued by the English Wikipedia community or Arbitration Committee have no effect on other projects." SoyokoAnis - talk 13:40, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
- SoyokoAnis, perhaps they were referring to WP:ONESTRIKE. I blocked the original account Queen-Divas (talk · contribs) for violating the one-strike rule, that is the account that Inspector-Gourmet (talk · contribs) is a sock of. --Ferien (talk) 18:22, 20 September 2022 (UTC)
- Done I blocked the IP that has done most of the vandalism, but since others are "helping" I protected the page. -- Auntof6 (talk) 18:05, 20 September 2022 (UTC)
Cascade protection of article "France"[change source]
- We would probably never do cascade protection. As for this page itself, it hasn't been edited since July, so no protection is needed there. -- Auntof6 (talk) 01:03, 21 September 2022 (UTC)
Edits relating to Putin's annexation of four regions...[change source]
Hello, Vladimir Putin recently announced that he'd incorporate fourUkrainian oblasts into Russia, namely Luhansk, Donnetsk (where there are two unrecognized "People's republics"), Zaporizhia and Kherson; after a make-believe referendum, which did nt meet any standards. Since no one recognized this action (as well as the annexation of the Crimean penisula in 2014), we should be aware that artiicles might pop up or be changed in such a way as to say that these areas (which are not under full Russian control either) are now port of Russia. I recently nominated one of these new article for deltion Zaporozhye Oblast (deletion discussion). Just be aware, that other articles in the same style might pop up. Eptalon (talk) 08:49, 2 October 2022 (UTC)