This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism.
- Use Requests for rollback to ask for rollback tool.
Request Protection of Simple English Wikipedia[change]
Can an admin protect Simple English Wikipedia? Plenty of vandalism, and no sign of stopping. I think semi and indefinite would do.-- 13:12, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Are you sure that's the page you mean? That page had one vandalism and a revert today, and the edits before that were a few weeks ago. To protect or semi-protect a page, we usually want to see vandalism happening so fast that editors have trouble keeping it reverted. Besides that, we would never indefinitely semi-protect an article. Therefore, I'm declining to protect or semi-protect this page. --Auntof6 (talk) 14:48, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi all. Be aware of a vandal who has been plaguing the English Wikipedia with a huge article about Muhammad in the Bible who appears to have moved over to here. The typical behaviour is pasting the same huge article, which can currently be seen at Muhammad the Apostle in the Bible, against consensus anywhere vaguely related they can find that isn't protected. I've got an edit filter that's been pretty successful if you want to import it. Samwalton9 (talk) 18:35, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
- See en:Wikipedia:Administrators noticeboard/Incidents#Block evasion / disruptive editing / 188.8.131.52. StevenJ81 (talk) 18:51, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
RfD close needed[change]
Could someone please close Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2015/Peace be upon him (Islam)? I can't, because I voted on it. I only ask because it has been getting vandalized. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 17:37, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- Reiterating this request. StevenJ81 (talk) 19:47, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
NP ... but ...[change]
- It's the first thing listed under "are you in the right place?". I'm not sure it warrants being emphasized more than the other things there. Maybe we could repeat the "are you in the right place" stuff in an edit notice for this page. Would that help? --Auntof6 (talk) 18:50, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
- All the articles this IP has created have been deleted, and the user has been warned. By the way, the template you put on the talk page was not used correctly. You can see the warning templates we use at Wikipedia:User talk page warnings. If you have come here from another Wikipedia, such as English Wikipedia, it would help you to know that many things work differently here. Take some time to look at how things are done and feel free to ask any questions you have. --Auntof6 (talk) 01:35, 11 August 2015 (UTC)