This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
twinkle revert through contributions page[change source]
i recently tried to revert an edit by the GRP guy, from his contributions page, and it sent me here, which obviously gave me user not registered error. reverting on *diffs* works fine, but not contribution pages. anyone can fix this? Laptop Fizz (talk) 22:34, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Another bug: Forced QD. I wanted to QD the new WP:WIKIBREAK redirect, but after the confirmation, i changed my mind about it, so i pressed cancel. But it still qd'ed the page anyway, as seen here. Computer Fizz (talk) 05:41, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
Potential compromised account here[change source]
I'm cross-posting here because Nigos has written to the enwiki Administrative noticeboard about the potential compromised status of an enwiki user specific to their conduct here on simple. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 05:40, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
- I likely have nothing to compare against to make a check on this since they only made one edit here. At this point I would just assume it was them vandalizing here not thinking anyone on en.wiki would notice. -DJSasso (talk) 12:14, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
Protection of talk page[change source]
Can I please get my talk page indefinitely semi-protected here? It's a constant target for sockpuppet vandalism. Also can someone please oversight this edit? TenPoundHammer (talk) 23:56, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- In general, user talk pages are not protected indefinitely, so I have applied a protection of 6 months instead (to be extended if necessary). The revision has been deleted, but I don't see oversight-worthy level of information at this point of time. Chenzw Talk 01:26, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
Protection of "Donald Trump"[change source]
- It's already semi-protected, and that's the best the sysops can do. Simple doesn't have extended confirmed protection so the article can't be 30-500 protected. Hiàn (talk) 16:22, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
Request protection on African Americans[change source]
- I have protected it for a bit. Wouldn't normally protect for so little vandalism but probably a good idea on this one. -DJSasso (talk) 11:28, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Protection of Bondi Beach[change source]
- In the case of one, a few, or a range of IPs, we usually block them instead of protecting the page. Vermont (talk) 15:06, 10 September 2019 (UTC)