Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
Hide request[change source]
Can you hide all this revisions? Reason: death threats.
- Done by User:Macdonald-ross. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:11, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
- We don't usually protect talk pages, but we might if the page owner requested it himself. --Auntof6 (talk) 22:38, 24 October 2019 (UTC)
I think I know how a vandal's avoiding blocks.[change source]
Over the last few weeks, a guy's been attacking the wiki. He's an IP sockpuppet user with a possible VPN in his arsenal (he's using it to avoid blocks and create new accounts). I think we should update the policies with how VPNs are handled. There's no doubt that IP vandals will use VPN software to vandalize simple. Thanks, --Derpdart56 (talk) 00:01, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- VPNs and open proxies are frequently subject to global blocks. We don't have a large enough admin team here to maintain a local block on every VPN we find and to periodically update it. Even if we did do that, they'd still find unblocked IPs to vandalize with. Best regards, Vermont (talk) 00:05, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- I still think that sockpuppets shouldn't just be accounts though. Sockpuppets can use IPs to their advantage, avoiding blocks or just multiple stuff. --Derpdart56 (talk) 00:10, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
Administrator action please[change source]
Page protection request[change source]
- We generally would want to see more than what is happening on that page. I will keep an eye on it. -DJSasso (talk) 13:08, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
- Why is it slander? Vermont (talk) 11:23, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- Well that's a bit problematic. Do we know who the teacher is? Vermont (talk) 11:22, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- No. I don't usually deal with school projects, but I understand our usual route to the teacher is: block the site, and ask teacher to send us an e-mail. It is within our rules, because only one of the pages was worth keeping (and I have copy-edited it). Macdonald-ross (talk) 13:37, 13 November 2019 (UTC)