The Zodiac is the twelve constellations in the form of animals, humans or objects.
Western Zodiac[change | change source]
The modern astrological signs are the simplified pictures of the signs used in the Hellenistic times. These are the twelve aspects the signs represent:
- Aries (The Ram) - (21 March - 20 April)
- Taurus (The Bull) - (21 April - 20 May)
- Gemini (The Twins) - (21 May - 20 June)
- Cancer (The Crab) - (21 June - 20 July)
- Leo (The Lion) - (21 July - 20 August)
- Virgo (The Virgin) - (21 August - 20 September)
- Libra (The Wolf) - (21 September - 20 October)
- Scorpius (The Scorpion) - (21 October - 20 November)
- Sagittarius (The Centaur-Archer) - (21 November - 20 December)
- Capricorn (The Sea-goddess) - (21 December - 20 January)
- Aquarius (The Water-Bearer) - (21 January - 20 February)
- Pisces (The Fish) - (21 February - 20 March)
A person's Zodiac sign is determined by at what time and on what day they are born.
Chinese Zodiac[change | change source]
In the Chinese Zodiac, years match twelve animals in turn.