Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1190 1191 1192 – 1193 – 1194 1195 1196|
Events[change | change source]
- Saladin dies, and the lands of the Kurdish Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt and Syria are split among his descendants.
- Qutb-ud-Din, a Ghurid slave commander, captures Delhi.
- Muhammad Khilji, a general under the command of Qutb-ud-Din sacks and burns Nalanda, India's greatest Buddhist university.
- Philip II of France marries Ingeborg, daughter of Valdemar I of Denmark.
Births[change | change source]
- William de Ferrers, 5th Earl of Derby (d. 1254)
- Albertus Magnus, German philosopher and theologian (d. 1280)
- John III Ducas Vatatzes, Byzantine Emperor (d. 1254)
Deaths[change | change source]
- March 4 — Saladin, Sultan of the Kurdish Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt and Syria (b. c. 1138)
- Balian of Ibelin, noble of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem (b. early 1140s)
- Düsum Khyenpa, 1st Gyalwa Karmapa (b. 1110)
- Minamoto no Noriyori, Japanese general (b. 1156)
- Emperor Renzong of Western Xia, 5th emperor of the Western Xia dynasty (b. 1124)
- Fan Chengda, Chinese poet