From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apricot is a drupe fruit. It is closely related to the plum.
Description[change | edit source]
- Plant: Small to medium sized tree, 8–12 m tall, with a trunk up to 40 cm in diameter with spreading, dense canopy; leaves are shaped somewhat like a heart, with pointed tips, about 8 cm (3 inches) wide.
- Flowers: Flowers are white to pinkish in color.
- Fruit: The fruit has only one seed; the color runs from yellow to orange and may have a red cast; the surface of the fruit is smooth and nearly hairless.
Related pages[change | edit source]
Other websites[change | edit source]
- www.apricotseeds.org – includes information on medicinal uses of apricot seeds
- Apricot Kernel products – About Apricot Kernel
- Scintro fruit book – All about fruits
|Wikispecies has information on: Prunus armeniaca.|