From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- an oval fleshy fruit which is purple, reddish, or yellow when ripe and contains a flattish pointed stone.
- W. INDIAN a small edible fruit from any of a number of trees.
- the deciduous tree which bears plums.
- a reddish-purple colour. "a pure silk shirt in shades of cream and soft plum" ·
- informal a thing, typically a job, considered to be highly desirable: "he landed a plum assistant producer's job" synonyms: excellent · very good · wonderful · marvellous · choice ·
ors asp yDamson (purple or black skin, green flesh, clingstone, astringent)
- Greengage (firm, green flesh and skin even when ripe)
- Yellowgage or golden plum (similar to greengage, but yellow)
- Victoria plum (yellow flesh with a red or mottled skin)
- Satsuma plum (firm red flesh with a red skin)
- Mirabelle plum (dark yellow, mostly grown in northeast France)