22 January 1849
Life[change | change source]
He was born as the fourth child of Carl Oscar Strindberg and Ulrike Eleonora. For the art he was not really interested, but it came later. Later he began his medicial studies at the University in Uppsala, tried to be an actor and worked before his career as a writer and journalist. In the middle of the 19. century he lived in France, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark and England. Beside writing books and something different he was really interested in drawing and natural sciences. 1877 August married Siri von Essen, an actress from the royal drama. With her he had three kids- Karin (1880), Greta (1881) and Hans (1884). After married Frida Strindberg-Uhl he had his inferno-crissis, with full of halluzinations and death thoughts. 1896 he came back to Stockholm and died at the 14th May 1912 in Stockholm- he was bury in Solna next to his first wife Siri von Essen.
Pieces (5)[change | change source]
- 1887- the father
- 1888- Fröken Jullie (miss Jullie)
- 1901- The dance of death
- 1902- A dream game
- 1908- The ghostsonate
Wifes[change | change source]
- 1877-1893- Siri von Essen
- 1893-1897- Frida Strindberg-Uhl
- 1901-1904- Harriet Bosse
References[change | change source]
- Germany, SPIEGEL ONLINE, Hamburg,. "August Strindberg Leben und Werk - Projekt Gutenberg". gutenberg.spiegel.de (in German). Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "August Strindberg - Google Search". www.google.de. Retrieved 2018-05-03.