22 January 1849
Early life[change | change source]
He was born as the fourth child of Carl Oscar Strindberg and Ulrike Eleonora. For the art he was not really interested, but it came later. Later, he began his medical studies at the University in Uppsala, tried to be an actor and worked before his career as a writer and journalist.
Career[change | change source]
Beside writing books and something different he was really interested in drawing and natural sciences. 1877 August married Siri von Essen, an actress from the royal drama. With her he had three kids- Karin (1880), Greta (1881) and Hans (1884). After married Frida Strindberg-Uhl he had his inferno-crisis, with full of hallucinations and death thoughts.
Personal life[change | change source]
Pieces (5)[change | change source]
- 1887- the father
- 1888- Fröken Jullie (miss Jullie)
- 1901- The dance of death
- 1902- A dream game
- 1908- The ghostsonate
Wives [change | change source]
- 1877-1893- Siri von Essen
- 1893-1897- Frida Strindberg-Uhl
- 1901-1904- Harriet Bosse
References[change | change source]
- Germany, SPIEGEL ONLINE, Hamburg. "August Strindberg Leben und Werk - Projekt Gutenberg". gutenberg.spiegel.de (in German). Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "August Strindberg - Google Search". www.google.de. Retrieved 2018-05-03.