|The Latin alphabet|
- For the drug sometimes referred to E, see Ecstasy.
In English it has two main sounds when it is spoken. Usually it is a short E (ĕ), but sometimes it is a long E (ē).
One more thing in English is the so-called magic E. That is when a silent e at the end of a word makes the previous e long. Example: morpheme, which is pronounced as morphēm.
Typographic variants of E[change | change source]
The variants of E include (but may not be limited to) capital E lower-case e é È è Ê ê Ë É ë Ě ě Ē ē Ĕ ĕ Ė ė Ę ę
Meanings for E[change | change source]
These meanings are for E/e as a separate letter.
- In computers, the letter e is often used to start other words to mean "electronic", like in e-mail or e-commerce.
- In money, e is commonly used as a symbol for the euro when the symbol € is not available.
- In music, E is a note.
- In mathematics, e is a constant about 2.718; see e (mathematical constant)
- In Wheel of Fortune, E is one of the six letters given to any contestant participating in the "Bonus Round."
- E! is an American television network
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: e.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to E.|