|The Latin alphabet
History[change | change source]
The letter G was created in the third century BC by Spurius Carvilius Ruga. At the time, the letter C sounded like the "c" in "cat" and the "g" in "girl". To make the difference more clear, Ruga created the letter G.
Meanings for G[change | change source]
- In movies, G is a rating given by the Motion Picture Association of America, meaning the movie is good to be viewed by all people ("general" audiences).
- In music, G is a note, sometimes referred to as “Sol” or “So” it
- In common speech, G is a slang word for 'gangsta' or 'gangster'.
- In the SI, g is the symbol for the gram.
- G is a unit of gravitational acceleration.
- Alternative case form of G grand: means thousand.
- Letter G stands for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service). It indicates the slowest speed of Internet data transfer in your mobile phone. When you see G near your signal strength indicator, it is certain that your net connection is working at the slowest speed. 2G, 3G and 4G indicates different speed of internet.
- In particle physics, lowercase G stands for the gluon.
- In particle physics, the uppercase G stands for the not yet discovered Graviton. There are two sounds of the letter G, hard and soft. If you have an L after it, you have glad. You have grandmother if R is after it, too. Some words start with silent G before N, such as gnat and gnome.