Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Writing system||Latin script|
|Type||Alphabetic and Logographic|
|Time period||~600 to present|
|The Latin alphabet|
Meanings for W[change | change source]
- On calendars, W is most times a short letter for Wednesday.
- In chemistry, W is the symbol for tungsten, after its German name, Wolfram.
- In news story writing, the "five W's" are who, what, when, where and why.
- In Electricity, W stands for watts
- It is pronounced as "double u".[note 1]
Notes[change | change source]
- Pronounced / ( ) , - /,
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: w.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to W.|