Ellie Goulding in concert.
Elena Jane Goulding
30 December 1986
Elena Jane "Ellie" Goulding (born 30 December 1986) is a British singer-songwriter and actress. She was born in Hereford and raised in Herefordshire, England. Her debut studio album was Lights in 2010.
Goulding released her first studio album, Lights, in 2010. The album started at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It has sold over 850,000 copies in the UK. The album's title track was released as a single and rose to number 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The song was later ranked as the number-five song of 2012 in the United States.
She performed her cover of Elton John's "Your Song" at the wedding reception of Prince William and Kate Middleton at Buckingham Palace. On 6 August 2011, Goulding performed at Lollapalooza in Chicago. Goulding performed at the yearly Nobel Peace Prize Concert on 11 December 2011 in Oslo, Norway. She also was on a panel discussion with Amy Lee of Evanescence and Janelle Monáe. On 1 December 2011, Goulding performed at the White House during the National Christmas Tree lighting ceremony.
Her 2012 album, Halcyon, debuted at number 9 on the US Billboard 200 album chart. Its lead single, "Anything Could Happen", reached number five in the UK, while it made the top 50 in the US. The album was re-released as Halcyon Days in 2013 and provided the single, "Burn", which reached number one in the UK and the top twenty in the US.
In 2015, her song "Love Me like You Do" was released from the soundtrack for the movie Fifty Shades of Grey, based on the novel by E. L. James. The song reached the top three in the US and reached number one in the United Kingdom. She released her third studio album, Delirium, in November of that year. It included the singles "On My Mind", "Love Me like You Do", and a collaboration with Scottish DJ Calvin Harris, "Outside".
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Ellie Goulding". BBC Music. BBC Online. 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- "Ellie Goulding, Tinie Tempah Top U.K. Charts". Billboard. Retrieved 28 June 2012
- "Royal wedding: singer's joy at 'honour' of royal wedding performance". The Telegraph. Retrieved 28 June 2012
- Kaufman, Gil (7 August 2011). "Lollapalooza Day Two: Skylar Grey, Patrick Stump, Ellie Goulding Mix It Up". MTV Newsroom. MTV Networks. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Edgy Ellie: Starry Eyed singer Goulding trades her long blonde locks for a trendy half-shaved 'do". Daily Mail. Mail Online. 12 December 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Roberts, Steven (29 November 2011). "Ellie Goulding Brings Lights To National Christmas Tree". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Ellie Goulding - Delirium (Deluxe), retrieved 2019-12-31
- Still Falling For You (From "Bridget Jones's Baby" Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), retrieved 2019-12-31
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ellie Goulding.|