Felipe VI of Spain
|King of Spain (more)|
The Prince of Asturias in 2013
|Reign||19 June 2014-present|
|Predecessor||Juan Carlos I of Spain|
|Prime Minister||Mariano Rajoy|
|Born||30 January 1968|
|Spouse||Letizia, Princess of Asturias|
|Issue||Leonor, Princess of Asturias|
|House||House of Bourbon|
|Father||Juan Carlos I of Spain|
|Mother||Sophia of Greece and Denmark|
King Felipe VI' (Spanish pronunciation: [feˈlipe], baptised as Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y de Grecia; born 30 January 1968) is the current King of Spain. He is the eldest son, of former King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofía of Spain.
Titles and styles[change | change source]
- 30 January 1968 – 22 January 1977: His Royal Highness The Infante Felipe of Spain
- 22 January 1977 – 18 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Asturias
- in former Crown of Aragon territories: 22 January 1977 – 19 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Girona
- in former Kingdom of Navarre territories: 22 January 1977 – 19 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Viana
- 19 June 2014 – present: His Majesty The King
References[change | change source]
- The English-language version of the Official Royal Family website is rendered as Borbon while in Spanish it is rendered as Borbón. In English, the house is traditionally called House of Bourbon.
- "Spanish politicians lay out abdication timetable". BBC News. 2014-06-03.