Gypsy may mean:
- Roma people), ⲣⲱⲙⲁ (meaning in coptic language: men or human being) is a group of people of Indian origin, their ancestors were the untouchable Chingari tribe of the Chandala group from North-West India, who once came to Egypt and moved later to Europe, often living in caravans. The Chandala are said are the descendants of Shudra-Brahmin mix.
More generally, anyone who moves around often. For some Romani Groups, calling a person a Gypsy might be considered offensive, for other Romani Groups not.
- Sinti, also a Romani people, mostly living in central Europe.
- Romanlar also named Xoraxane Roma, Turkish speaking Muslim Gypsys in the Balkans and Turkey.
- Gitanos (Spanish gypsies) who speak Caló
- "Travellers" found mainly in Great Britain, Ireland and the United States; and
- Lyuli Luli Archived 2006-02-09 at the Wayback Machine in Central Asia.
- Luoli (Chinese name for Gypsy); lived in China in the Yuan Dynasty (1271–1368)
- The Gypsy Kings, a musical group of the 1980s that plays a pop-oriented version of traditional flamenco music (Not to be confused with Ricky Jevon, King of the Gypsies)
- Gypsy and the Haylocks, a reggae folk band who were deemed to be the first band to mix both genres in the 1970s. Traditionally from the Cambridgeshire area, they were fronted by Oliver Haylock and his half sister Emmly. (Emmly is the cousin of Bubbler Ranx, famous for singing on Peter Andre's Mysterious Girl)
- Gypsy, a song by Fleetwood Mac
- Gypsy, a song by The Moody Blues
- Gypsy: A Musical Fable, a musical inspired by the life of Gypsy Rose Lee
- Gypsy, a robot character from the TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Gypsy, a fictional character from DC Comics
- Gypsy Moth, a fictional mutant character from Marvel Comics
- Gypsy, West Virginia, USA
- Gypsy moth, a destructive insect that causes trees to lose their leaves
- Gypsy (software), the first modern document preparation system
- Winston "Gypsy" Peters, a Trinidad and Tobago politician and calypsonian
- A "gypsy" is a part on a boat windlass designed to haul chain. It may have a groove to enable it to haul rope and chain when it is called a combined gypsy and capstan
- Gypsy (elephant) is the name of an elephant given to Michael Jackson by Elizabeth Taylor
- The J/ψ particle, a subatomic particle
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gypsy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.