State of India
|• Body||Government of Himachal Pradesh|
|• Governor||Rajendra Arlekar|
|• Chief Justice||Lingappa Narayana Swamy|
|• Legislature||Unicameral (68* seats)|
|• Chief Minister||Jai Ram Thakur (BJP)|
|• Chief Secretary||Anil Kumar Khachi|
|• Total||55,673 km2 (21,495 sq mi)|
|• Additional official||Sanskrit|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Himachal Pradesh (Hindi: हिमाचल प्रदेश) is a state in northern India. Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. It covers an area of 55,673 square kilometres (21,495 square miles), although the border with China is still disputed. The land contains high mountains. In traditional Indian geography it falls under the North Indian zone. It borders to Jammu and Kashmir to the north.
Himachal Pradesh was part of Indian Punjab before 1966.
Administrative divisions of Himachal Pradesh[change | change source]
The State of HP is divided into three Divisions, namely Mandi Division, Kangra Division, Shimla Division. The divisions are further sub-divided into 12 districts. These are further divided into 73 sub-divisions, 172 tehsils and 35 sub-tehsils.
Districts of Himachal Pradesh[change | change source]
- Lahaul & Spiti
Proposed districts[change | change source]
- Rampur Bushhar
Gallery[change | change source]
State symbols of Himachal Pradesh[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Reddy, R. Ravikanth (1 September 2019). "Telangana's 'people's leader' Bandaru Dattatreya appointed Himachal Pradesh Governor". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- IANS (6 October 2019). "Justice Lingappa Narayana Swamy Takes Oath As Himachal Chief Justice". NDTV.com. Retrieved 6 October 2019.
- "Himachal Pradesh Chief Secretary". himachalservices.nic.in. 1 January 2020. Retrieved 3 January 2020.
- "Report of the Commissioner for linguistic minorities: 52nd report (July 2014 to June 2015)" (PDF). Commissioner for Linguistic Minorities, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. pp. 33–34. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 December 2017. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Pratibha Chauhan (17 February 2019). "Bill to make Sanskrit second official language of HP passed". The Tribune. Shimla. Archived from the original on 18 February 2019. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Himachal At A Glance - Information Data centre". Archived from the original on 2013-08-16. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Top five places you should visit in Himachal Pradesh". Top five places you should visit in Himachal Pradesh. Archived from the original on 2021-04-22. Retrieved 2021-04-22.