Jasper County, Indiana
Jasper County, Indiana
|Metro area||Chicago Metropolitan|
|Established||February 7, 1835|
|Named for||Sgt. William Jasper|
(population and total area)
|• Body||Board of Commissioners|
|• Commissioner||James A. Walstra (1st)|
|• Commissioner||Kendell Culp (2nd)|
|• Commissioner||Richard E. Maxwell (3rd)|
|• County||561.39 sq mi (1,454.0 km2)|
|• Land||559.62 sq mi (1,449.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.76 sq mi (4.6 km2)|
|• Metro||10,874 sq mi (28,160 km2)|
|Area rank||3rd largest county in Indiana|
|• Region||2,726 sq mi (7,060 km2)|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||54th largest county in Indiana|
1,341st largest county in U.S.
|• Density||59.8/sq mi (23.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (Central)|
46310, 46341, 46374, 46392, 47922, 47943, 47946, 47948, 47957, 47959, 47977-78, 47995
|Indiana Senate districts||5th and 7th|
|Indiana House of Representatives districts||4th, 16th and 20th|
|GNIS feature ID||0450494|
|Interstate and U.S. Route||
|Waterways||Iroquois River – Kankakee River
History[change | change source]
Geography[change | change source]
According to the 2010 census, the county has a total area of 561.39 square miles (1,454.0 km2), of which 559.62 square miles (1,449.4 km2) (or 99.68%) is land and 1.76 square miles (4.6 km2) (or 0.31%) is water.
Bordering counties[change | change source]
Municipalities[change | change source]
The municipalities in Jasper County, and their populations as of the 2010 census, are:
Cities[change | change source]
- Rensselaer – 5,859
Towns[change | change source]
Census-designated places[change | change source]
Townships[change | change source]
The 13 townships of Jasper County, with their populations as of the 2010 census, are:
References[change | change source]
- "USA Counties in Profile". STATS Indiana. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Jasper County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 168.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jasper County, Indiana.|