McAfee in June 2016
|Nationality||British / American|
|Alma mater||Roanoke College|
|Occupation||Software developer, founder of McAfee, Chairman of Future Tense Secure Systems|
|Known for||McAfee, Inc|
|Home town||Lexington, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Political party||Libertarian Party (2015-) |
Cyber Party (2015)
John David McAfee KBE  (born September 18, 1945) is an American computer programmer. He is the developer of the first commercial anti-virus program. This bore the McAfee brand-name for years, until it was bought by Intel and given the Intel name.
His wealth peaked at $100 million, before his investments suffered in the global crisis of 2007. McAfee also has interests in smartphone apps, yoga and all-natural antibiotics.
On September 8, 2015, McAfee announced that he would seek the office of President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election as the candidate of a newly formed political party called the Cyber Party. On December 24, 2015 he re-announced his candidacy bid, saying that he would instead seek the Libertarian nomination for President.
References[change | change source]
- Future Tense Central. "About Us - Future Tense Central". futuretensecentral.com.
- "FEC FORM 2" (PDF). Federal Election Commission. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Garcia, Ahiza (September 8, 2015). "John McAfee announces he's running for President". CNN. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Swartz, Jon. "McAfee will run as Libertarian Party candidate for president". USA TODAY. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "John McAfee to Run for President in 2020". Bitsonline. June 4, 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
Quotations related to John McAfee at Wikiquote