List of howitzers
Howitzers are one of two main types of field artillery, the other being the field gun. Howitzers fire a heavy shell in a high-trajectory from a short barrel. They have a short range, but they are slightly more mobile than similar size field guns. Since World War II howitzers have gained longer barrels and increased range to become gun-howitzers.
Towed howitzers[change | change source]
Self-propelled howitzers[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Bishop, Chris. (1998). "70-mm Battalion Gun Type 92," The Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II, pp. 201-202.
- US War Dept. (1944). "Model 91 (1931) 105-mm howitzer," Handbook on Japanese military forces, p. 225.
- US War Dept, "Model 4 (1915) 150-mm howitzer," pp. 226-227.
- US War Dept, "Model 96 150-mm howitzer," p. 228.
- ArmyGuide, "Type 74"; retrieved 2012-2-22.
- Jane's Armour and Artillery 2008, Type 75 155 mm self-propelled howitzer (Japan), Self-propelled guns and howitzers (tracked); retrieved 2012-2-19.
- GlobalSecurity.org, Type 99 155mm HSP (Self-Propelled Howitzer); retrieved 2012-2-19.
- GlobalSecurity.org, "M110 8' Self-Propelled Howitzer"; retrieved 2012-2-23.