Mega Man (video game)
|Platform(s)||Nintendo Entertainment System, PlayStation, mobile phones, Virtual Console, PlayStation Store, Android, PlayStation Portable|
Mega Man is also known as Rockman (ロックマン Rokkuman) in Japan. It is a video game developed and published by Capcom for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). It is the first game in the original Mega Man series. It was released in Japan on December 17, 1987. It was released in North America on December 1987 and Europe on May 1990.
Plot[change | change source]
Two scientists, Dr. Light and Dr. Wily, create humanoid robots; Wily goes rogue and reprograms most of the robots for world domination. It's up to Mega Man, a robot created by Dr. Light, to stop Dr. Wily and his army of Robot Masters.
Gameplay[change | change source]
The game opens with a boss select screen, giving you the option to choose which of the Robot Masters you wish to take down first. Once you have selected a Robot Master you are teleported by Dr. Light to an approximation of the Robot Master's location. From there you must find your way to the Robot Master, along the way overcoming many traps, pitfalls and other obstacles. Once you defeat a Robot Master you gain its power, which can be used on other Robot Masters and follows a Rock, paper, scissors type effectiveness, where a rock attack would work better on a robot with scissors than one made of paper.
References[change | change source]
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works. Udon Entertainment. January 6, 2010. pp. 6–10. ISBN 978-1-897376-79-9.
- "Capcom Annual Report 2009" (PDF). Capcom. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- The Games Machine staff (May 1990). "Mega Man". The Games Machine (Ludlow, UK: Newsfield Publications) (30): p. 60. ISSN 0954-8092.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works. Udon Entertainment. January 6, 2010. pp. 94–5. ISBN 978-1-897376-79-9.
- Palley, Steven (January 1, 2004). "Mega Man Preview". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 4, 2010.
- GPara staff (June 4, 2007). "初代『ロックマン』iアプリに完全移植されて配信開始！" (in Japanese). Gpara.com. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- Spencer (June 22, 2007). "Worldwide Virtual Console Outlook: Mega Man the Dolphin edition". Siliconera. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- Fletcher, JC (July 29, 2008). "VC Tuesday: Rock!". Joystiq. AOL. Retrieved August 27, 2009.
- Spencer (June 22, 2009). "Mega Man Lands On PSN Game Archives Next Month". Siliconera. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- Spencer (January 18, 2011). "Import Mega Man Game Now On The US PlayStation Store". Siliconera. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Yu, Ka (November 4, 2010). "Mega Man, Resident Evil, And Silpheed Go Glasses-Free 3D On Android Phones". Siliconera. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- Mega Man: Official Complete Works. Udon Entertainment. January 6, 2010. pp. 108–13. ISBN 978-1-897376-79-9.
- Roper, Chris (March 14, 2006). "Mega Man Powers Up Stores". IGN. Retrieved December 25, 2010.
- Sony staff. "Rockman Rockman(CHN Version)". Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved December 25, 2010.
Other Websites[change | change source]