Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
|Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U|
Namco Bandai Games
|Series||Super Smash Bros.|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 3DS, Wii U|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U are two upcoming fighting video games for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game consoles. They will be developed by Sora Ltd. and Namco Bandai Games and published by Nintendo. They will act as the fourth game in the Super Smash Bros. series. They will be released in 2014.
Like past games in the series, Super Smash Bros. involves characters from Nintendo series fighting against each other, with the object of knocking opponents off of the stage in some way. Characters from past Super Smash Bros. games that will be in these games include Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach, Link, Princess Zelda, Toon Link, Fox McCloud, Kirby, King Dedede, Pikachu, Lucario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus Aran, Marth, Pit, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Olimar. Five new characters will be in the games: Villager from the Animal Crossing series, Mega Man from the Mega Man series, the Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina from the Mario series., and Little Mac from the Punch-Out!! series. The Wii U version will have high-definition graphics, while the Nintendo 3DS version will have cel-shaded (computer graphics made to look like they were drawn by hand) graphics. Both versions will have the same number of characters, but will have stages that will only be in either version. The Nintendo 3DS version will have more stages based on Nintendo's handheld video games, while the Wii U version will have more stages based on their console video games.
References[change | edit source]
- O'Brien, Lucy (2012-07-10). "Kid Icarus: Uprising Developer Closes". IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/kid-icarus-uprising-developer-closes.
- Makuch, Eddie (2012-06-07). "E3 2011: New Super Smash Bros. game in development". Gamespot. http://www.gamespot.com/news/e3-2011-new-super-smash-bros-game-in-development-6317576.
- "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Villager". Smashbros.com. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/villager.html.
- "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Mega Man". Smashbros.com. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mega_man.html.
- "Wii Fit Trainer a playable character in Super Smash Bros.". Polygon. 2013-06-07. http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419904/wii-fit-trainer-also-coming-to-super-smash-bros.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Rosalina & Luma
Other websites[change | edit source]