Link (The Legend of Zelda)
|Game series||The Legend of Zelda|
|First game||The Legend of Zelda (1986)|
|Created by||Shigeru Miyamoto|
|Voiced by||Video games |
Fujiko Takimoto (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask (child Link), 1998–2001)
Nobuyuki Hiyama (Ocarina of Time (adult Link)/Majora's Mask (Fierce Deity Link), 1998–2001)
Sachi Matsumoto (The Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass, 2002–present)
Akira Sasanuma (Twilight Princess, 2006–present)
|Motion capture actor(s)||Nobuyuki Hiyama|
Link is the main character from The Legend of Zelda series.
The game was created by Shigeru Miyamoto. 47 million copies of the game have been sold since 2007.
Description[change | change source]
Link wears a green shirt and a long, floppy green hat on his head. In the Legend of Zelda games, the player must use Link to fight against evil, especially Ganondorf. Although Link is the main character in the game, he never speaks (he does speak in the Legend of Zelda CD-I games). He is also left-handed, and has large ears, like most Hylians. He has also appeared in all 6 of the Super Smash Bros. games. Link mainly used a sword and a shield but he is able to use a large number of weapons like bombs, bow, hammer or a boomerang and the hook shot.
Reception[change | change source]
Link has been in many GameFAQs "Character Battle" contests and is the only character to have won more than once. In one of IGN's 2007 "Hero Showdowns", Link was voted the favorite over Cloud Strife. Link ranked first on GameDaily's Top 10 Smash Bros. characters list. IGN asked its readers to vote for their favorite Nintendo character in which Link came first.
References[change | change source]
- David (2005). "Nintendo reveal sales figures". Australia's PAL Gaming Network. Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. Retrieved 2006-02-12.
- "Summer 2002: "The Great GameFAQs Character Battle"". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- "Summer 2004: The Great GameFAQs Character Battle III". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- "Summer 2005: The Great GameFAQs Character Battle IV". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- "Poll of the Day #2566". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- "Fall 2007: The Great GameFAQs Character Battle VI". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- Pirrello, Phil (2007-10-25). "Link Triumphs in Hero Showdown". IGN. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- "Top 10 Smash Bros. Characters - Page 10". GameDaily. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "IGN: Link destroys Samus and Mario". IGN. 2009-04-14. Archived from the original on 2009-04-17. Retrieved 2009-08-09.