|First game||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
|Created by||Hiroji Kiyotake|
|Voiced by (English)||Charles Martinet (1997–present)|
Thomas Spindler (1998–2001)
|Voiced by (Japanese)||Thomas Spindler (1998–2001)|
Chikao Ōtsuka (1997-2015)
Characteristics[change | change source]
- Enemies with Mario
- He is greedy and loves money and garlic
- Twins with Waluigi
- He has is a "W" on hat, mustache and gloves
- Has very strong muscles, but very fat
- Gets angry easily though gets many sparks of joy
- Has a crush on Princess Peach
Appearances[change | change source]
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
- Mario & Wario
- Wario's Woods
- Wario Blast
- Virtal Boy Wario Land
- Wario Land II
- Wario Land 3
- Wario Land 4
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- Mario's Super Picross
- Picross 2
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Mario Kart DS
- Mario Kart Wii
- Mario Kart 7
- Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium
- Game & Watch Gallery 2
- Game & Watch Gallery 3
- Game & Watch Gallery 4
- Mario Party
- Mario Party 2
- Mario Party 3
- Mario Party 4
- Mario Party 5
- Mario Party 6
- Mario Party 7
- Mario Party 8
- Mario Party DS
- Mario Party 9
- Mario Party Advance
- Mario Golf
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour
- Mario Tennis
- Mario Power Tennis
- Mario Sports Mix
- Dr. Mario 64
- Wario World
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania in Europe)
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
- WarioWare: Twisted
- WarioWare: Touched!
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves
- WarioWare: Snapped!
- WarioWare: Myself
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
- Mario Smash Football
- Mario Strikers Charged Football
- Yoshi's Island DS
- Wario: Master of Disguise
- Ore Dayo! Wario Dayo!!
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Treehouse of Horror XXI (segment: "Satellite Wario")
- Game & Wario
Reception[change | change source]
The English used in this section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (January 2012)
Wario ranked 10th on GameDaily's Top 10 Smash Bros. characters list. He also ranked seventh on GameDaily's top 10 ugliest game characters list; the authors referenced his snarling smile, moustache, and outfits. They also included him in a top 25 list of video game anti-heroes, stating that in spite of his greed, he's actually a "cool dude". Screwattack rated Wario as the 10th Biggest Douchebag in Gaming. IGN editor Travis Fahs commented that while he was not the most likable character, he has incredible confidence that overshadows his flaws and makes him an entertaining character. In an article written by Kombo editors Agustin Olvera and Stephen Smith, they exclaim their surprise that he had not appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee as a playable character, stating that he would be a great addition to the game.
References[change | change source]
- "Top 10 Smash Bros. Characters". GameDaily. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Top 10 Ugliest Game Characters - Page 4". GameDaily. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Yahoo!". www.gamedaily.com.
- "Top Ten Douchebags of Gaming". Gametrailers. May 29, 2007. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Fahs, Travis (25 July 2008). "Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 Retro Review".
- "The Chronicles of Wario: A Retrospect". Kombo. 2005-02-15. Retrieved 2009-10-01.