Szczecin (German: Stettin) is a large city in Poland in West Pomeranian Voivodeship. As of 2005, 411,119 people live there. The city is on the river Odra (German: Oder), near the border to Germany. It is one of the largest sea ports on the Baltic. It is the historical capital of the German province of Pomerania. Szczecin has got one of the biggest harbours on the Baltic Sea.
Sister cities[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- esbjergkommune.dk accessed Feb-2008
- "Guide to Hull Humberside and general Hull information". city-visitor.com. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Malmö stads vänortssamarbete" (in Swedish). © 2004-2009 Malmö stad, 205 80 Malmö, Organisationsnummer: 212000-1124. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2009-06-27. External link in
- "St. Louis Sister Cities". St. Louis Center for International Relations. Archived from the original on 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Greifswald.de (in German)